I found my new game at bookmaker pokerroom

Brick

Played a little 6 man 2/4 no limit with a $120 cap tonight. Been a long time since ive been able to sit down for a few hours and play without any distractions having 2 kids under age 4. Im a pretty aggressive player so i like how the cap plays into my style to prevent me from going bust in 1 hand. Took me a while to figure this out, i used to always buy in to a 1/2 nl or 2/4 nl or in my pokerstars days i played alot of 5/10 nl too. At the lower limits i would usually buy in for 200 at 1/2 or 400 at 2/4. Most of the time i would take over the table and double or triple my stack but eventually would have a couple beats or get outplayed a couple hands in a row and cripple my stack. Its late and feels like im rambling but i turned my 200 buy in into 1200 tonight so i will continue to play the capped tables and update in this thread. May be a while before i get to play again though so dont hold your breath.

Brick post in here if you're playing tonight and I'll rail. Your only leak that I see is when you lose a hand to a fucktard you go aggressive-super-bananas. The testosterone goes to 11! The cap is probably a good thing.

will do lcd! completely agree with you on super bananas, but its a slightly less level than in the freeroll.......actually its about the same, but can control it in regular tournament play. freerolls and cash games another story.

5Dimes was on the Winning Network just like Bookmaker but now they're on the Equity Poker Network which has like a third of the traffic. Equity has some weird things which I'm too lazy to research but it's structured as a non-profit (?) with things like a "shark tax" (this might be a tax on the operator not the player but the good player is going to suffer somehow. Here's an article:

http://calvinayre.com/2013/03/20/poker/exclusive-interview-with-clive-archer-equity-poker-network/

I believe the interview is by the famous Bodog Becky who along with being an Ayre codependent also I think has an affection for dildos (that was in a different interview with her somewhere) which seemed like a nutty thing to confess to when you're the PR face of a poker operator but it was Bodog so it's all good.

Why would cap take away your edge? A 120 cap on a 2-4 table would usually end up in an allin anyway if it werent capped. To me it eliminates running into donks with big hands a couple hands in a row and going bust because of bad luck.

You're effectively playing 30bb poker w a 120 cap at 2/4

so you saying that nobody can be efficient at limit poker because you are unable to push your whole stack at any given time? Any kind of poker can give you an edge if you know how to play it. I, myself, prefer to not be stacked by running into aces a couple hands in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL

These days beating even .25/.50 is EXTREMELY hard with any real volume

Poker has evolved more in the last 5 years than most people realize. There is so much info available out there to help you if you really want to put in the time to learn and study.

This is more a product of the environment than anything else. People that are playing on big sites today, that are living in the US, are doing so because they are successful and need the money to earn. The fields at Bookmaker and Bodog and the other US sites are extremely weak, but it's also not really worth the time given the guarantees and so few people at any cash tables worth the time.

The casual poker player isn't going to go to extremes to play on a site like Stars and the likes; while a winning player who relies on poker for income will find a way. This means that the fields there are a little bit stronger than they would be had the game been opened to the general public. Once it is legalized, the low stakes fields will be as weak as ever and the higher you go up the more likely you are to run into sharks.

LOL

These days beating even .25/.50 is EXTREMELY hard with any real volume

Poker has evolved more in the last 5 years than most people realize. There is so much info available out there to help you if you really want to put in the time to learn and study.

Is tough without player knowledge on who to bet size with and who will just call anything on a shove.

used to be with rakeback and player points you could Multi table 12 at that limit, Min buy, and just push with a hand ranking above x dependant on table position.