Geno Smith out 6-8 weeks, locker room brawl

yisman

Yeah I guess if your a chick or a Non heterosexual person you should just take it :doh

we arent talking about manhood

you said cant talk about charges because geno might have been sleeping with his girl or talking shit.

so I ask again,  which of those gets you off the hook from the law for breaking someones jaw?

Guest boatboatboat

From ESPN

"It was something very childish, something sixth-graders could've talked about," Bowles said. "It had no reason to happen. If they want to tell you what happened, they can tell you what happened. I told them I wouldn't say anything about it."

Asked if there were any festering issues between the two players, Bowles said, "Not to my knowledge. Obviously, it was a sudden thing."

This was not Enemkpali's first brush with off-field violence. At 19, he punched an off-duty cop who was working security during a bar fight while he was at college at Louisiana Tech. On that night Enemkpali had to be subdued first with pepper spray and then with a taser.

Tuesday's altercation means veteran backup Ryan Fitzpatrick will start the season as the team's quarterback.

Guest boatboatboat

most men wouldnt if its a situation to be handled by fists.

Not so sure about that.

If (I said if) Gino was punched put of the blue. A true "sucker" punch. The results being it may do REAL LONG term damage to his career, and obviously messed his jaw up pretty damn good. I think many "men" would consider pressing charges.

Now if it happened in a fight where 2 dudes squared off and both new IT WAS ON. I agree........

"It was nothing to do with football. ... It was very childish," coach Todd Bowles said. "He got cold-cocked ... sucker punched, whatever you want to call it, in the jaw. He's got a broken jaw, a fractured jaw."

Tuesday's altercation means veteran backup Ryan Fitzpatrick will start the season as the team's quarterback. Bowles indicated that may add another quarterback. The current No. 2 is Bryce Petty, a rookie who has been struggling in camp.

apparently geno is a stiff

Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:

At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

This could be a blessing in disguise for the Jets.

Definitely. Fitzpatrick had a 95.3 pass rating last year for Houston thats top 15 starting QB numbers. Dude is getting better with age. He might have a bad game sometimes but he'll go three or four games straight with passer ratings in the 100's. 2013 and 2014 he played very well in TN and Houston.

Fitz had a three game stretch in TN 2013 where had passer ratings of 111.2,111.6 and 109.2 in games against Jax,Oak and Indy. He completed 22 of 33 against Jax,67% completion rate,264 yds,2TD and 0INT..Completed 30 of 42 against Oak,71% completion rate,320 yds,2TD and 0INT...Completed 22 of 28 against Indy,79% completion rate,222 yds,1TD and 0INT. Against Arizona he completed 36 of 58 passes,62% completed,400 yards with 4TD and 2INT. The early games against KC and Seattle were the only games Fitz didn't play well in here in 2013.

In 2014 with Houston...first game against Wash completed 14 of 22 passes 64% completed,206 yards,1TD OINT,109.3 pass rating.

second game against Oakland 14 of 19 passes for 74% completed,2TD 0INT,129.1 pass rating. Against Buffalo 25 of 37 passes completed,68% completed,268 yards but 1TD and 2INT. Against Indy completed 15 of 23 passes,65% completed,1TD 0INT,109.3 pass rating.  Against Pittsburgh 21 of 32 passes,66% completed,262 yards,2TD 1INT,98.7 pass rating,Against TN completed 24 of 33 passes,73% completed,360 yards,6TD 0INT,147.5 pass rating,against Jax 13 of 19 complete,69% completed,88.7 pass rating,Against Dallas 16 of 25 complete,64% 0TD 1INT....only bad games he had was against Philly and NY Giants.

Overall in 2013 and 2014 he played well as you could hope in both TN and Houston. I don't think Geno played as well or put up the numbers Fitz does. I think this thing with Geno helps NY.