Kam Chancellor

Sol Diabler

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record.  I'm going to go on record.

And say for the record.  That anyone that disagreed with me in this thread regarding KAM.

Is ignorant on the subject.

Dude is getting bad advice.  He's losing money in the long run.  He will NEVER make it back.  

/ thread

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/15/nfl-kam-chancellor-seattle-seahawks-holdout

If anything the holdout has made him more valuable.  The Seahawks are 0-2.  And not relevant to this conversation but after this week lol at anyone who thinks Sherman is as good as Revis.

Sorry but you're wrong, he's not getting paid, he didn't show up, NFL salaries are not guaranteed, you have to be on the team or meet certain other qualifications(injured players, etc) to get paid, lots of guys had big contracts and were cut before the season and get nothing(they dont get paid for pre-season either by the way). That's why it's so dumb to hold out(unless if you go from say a million to huge money).

His problem is that since he didn't show up he's still legally bound to the team(they control him), he can't go anywhere else.

I really dont think i am. I understand salaries are not guaranteed, i dont think you are understanding what i have said though. You think the fines are separate from his salary as you said yes they will waive the fines but he will still get paid. The fines ARE his salary, Seattle is fining him for missed work. Seattle cannot hold out pay and then fine him ON TOP of that so he makes negative money. 

The way you make it sound it would be dumb for anybody to hold out because theyd almost always end up with less money. Do you really think these harvard graduate agents are that dumb? No, meaning holding out usually nets their clients (and themselves) MORE money. The reason it does is because when a contract is agreed to the team IGNORES the fines and pays the player for missing work. 

I would put money on the fact that i am right about this. Ive read it from enough sources to be very confident. Does this mean Kam will get his missed money back? no not necessarily, Seattle has the right to not pay him (ie collect on fines). But if they sign him and things get patched up the most likely scenario is they give him all his money

The problem for Chancellor — and probably what's keeping him from getting an extension or widespread support — is that he signed an extension in 2013. The Seahawks have set a precedent of giving players contract extensions when they're due for them.

If not, they usually let the players go and, given their success in the draft, find young, talented replacements.

Chancellor signed a $28 million extension, and the Seahawks have already capped themselves out by rewarding other players. Seattle hardly has room to give Chancellor more, nor do they want to break this precedent and invite more players to hold out in the future.

Right now, nobody has really spoken out against Chancellor, but if the Seahawks continue to struggle, there's a chance that players could become more vocal and agitated about Chancellor's holdout.

From everything ive read Seattle players are all publicly and privately behind Kam

Players get it, they understand you gotta take care of you and your family first. Lynch was even wearing Kams jersey to practice at one point as a sign of support of his brother who wasnt there. 

There might be a few guys upset with him, any time you have 52 guys in a workplace they wont all feel the same way about any issue, but as a whole the players are behind Kam. A few of them have done or have threatened doing the same thing as him (Lynch essentially said he wouldnt play unless he got more money, Bennett i believe held out and then still wanted more money this year again). 

According to NFL.com's Mike Silver, Chancellor's holdout has now cost him over $2.1 million, which is more than the reported $900,000 he and the Seahawks are disagreeing over.

But as said before if they come to terms Kam will most likely get all of that 2+ million back after Seattle waives the fines

If I were Kam i would say pay me, trade me or I aint playing all season. And hell sitting out the whole year wouldnt be so bad for Kam.

His body and mind could probably use the rest and rejuvenation.

Many players retire early ( Patrick Willis + Jordan Gross)

or get hurt and lose a whole season anyway so if you sit out while healthy then you will be even more ready for next season. If the Seahawks lose many more games this season is a wash anyway.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/15/nfl-kam-chancellor-seattle-seahawks-holdout

If anything the holdout has made him more valuable.  The Seahawks are 0-2.  And not relevant to this conversation but after this week lol at anyone who thinks Sherman is as good as Revis.

Exactly, he wont be losing any money unless Seattle really holds firm and makes him sit the whole season

and nice quote from that article to my point about players being on the side of Kam

"But most NFL players I’ve spoken to and all of the Seahawks I chatted with Sunday afternoon in the visitors locker room are both publicly and privately behind Chancellor. This is especially true of teammates who also come from poverty. “Can’t say it enough—this is a business,” one player told me. “The team doesn’t honor the contract when you get hurt, so why should you play for less than you’re worth?”"

spot on. Its a business.

Make Mr. Allen open his wallet and pay Kam what he is worth.

He has to look out for his family and his future. All it takes is one play and his career could be over. Once his contract is up the Seahawks will probably say "Well Kam's best years are probably behind him" lets release him and draft a new guy.

Sounds like Seattle didnt give in to his demands and Kam didnt get anything from holding out

Yet to be seen though is whether Seattle collects on any of the fines (around 2 m i think?). My bet is no, but they did well holding strong here esp once Kam started getting leverage once it became obvious the defense wasnt the same without him 

Sounds like Seattle didnt give in to his demands and Kam didnt get anything from holding out

Yet to be seen though is whether Seattle collects on any of the fines (around 2 m i think?). My bet is no, but they did well holding strong here esp once Kam started getting leverage once it became obvious the defense wasnt the same without him

I think you are nuts to think Seattle is going to pay him his entire salary when they only have to pay him for the 14 games he's going to play.

Could be wrong but I highly doubt he gets a dime for the first two weeks. His agent is a moron.

Had absolutely no leverage.

Some of you clowns are completely missing the point. You cant rip up a four year deal after just one year. It just doesnt happen. It cant happen.

It happens all the time when guys have one year left. In rare cases two years left. But this isnt one if those cases. Kam and his agent are idiots and have zero leverage.

And they arent 0-2 strictly because Kam's not out there. Dont be silly.

Some of you clowns are completely missing the point. You cant rip up a four year deal after just one year. It just doesnt happen. It cant happen.

It happens all the time when guys have one year left. In rare cases two years left. But this isnt one if those cases. Kam and his agent are idiots and have zero leverage.

And they arent 0-2 strictly because Kam's not out there. Dont be silly.

well its a mute point now b/c its over and done with he is going to play in week 3. It sounds like his love of the game and his respect for his teammates is what is bringing him back.

i hope he has a great season and does not get injured and then makes the Seahawks pay him big in the offseason.

Seahawks could very well be 2-0 if he had played. He is a nightmare to play against for a QB.

I know one thing.. i sure as hell was a lot more confident in my Packers -3 bet knowing Kam Chancelor was not going to play. That was actually one of the main reasons I liked the Packers in that game. Without Kam the Seahawks secondary is just average.

I really dont think i am. I understand salaries are not guaranteed, i dont think you are understanding what i have said though. You think the fines are separate from his salary as you said yes they will waive the fines but he will still get paid. The fines ARE his salary, Seattle is fining him for missed work. Seattle cannot hold out pay and then fine him ON TOP of that so he makes negative money. 

The way you make it sound it would be dumb for anybody to hold out because theyd almost always end up with less money. Do you really think these harvard graduate agents are that dumb? No, meaning holding out usually nets their clients (and themselves) MORE money. The reason it does is because when a contract is agreed to the team IGNORES the fines and pays the player for missing work. 

I would put money on the fact that i am right about this. Ive read it from enough sources to be very confident. Does this mean Kam will get his missed money back? no not necessarily, Seattle has the right to not pay him (ie collect on fines). But if they sign him and things get patched up the most likely scenario is they give him all his money

Think what you want, I see it looks like he's coming back, most likely the team told him they will do "something" with his contract but he needs to come back first, look for an announcement of a restructuring in 4 or 5 weeks.

well its a mute point now b/c its over and done with he is going to play in week 3. It sounds like his love of the game and his respect for his teammates is what is bringing him back.

i hope he has a great season and does not get injured and then makes the Seahawks pay him big in the offseason.

Seahawks could very well be 2-0 if he had played. He is a nightmare to play against for a QB.

I know one thing.. i sure as hell was a lot more confident in my Packers -3 bet knowing Kam Chancelor was not going to play. That was actually one of the main reasons I liked the Packers in that game. Without Kam the Seahawks secondary is just average.

Moot point now? Uh, no.

Actually with Kam reporting today with no new deal, my point has been 100% made. He accomplished nothing positive from this.

well good for you. I am not trying to say you are right or wrong i was just stating my opinion that Kam Chancelor is the best at his position and he deserves to get paid like it.

in this situation it appears Kam did give in. I think he did this out of respect for his teammates and the desire to win. I think he is one of those guys who truely enjoys football and more importantly hurting people. Now he can take out that aggression on the Bears.