OT: What music album did you listen to the most as a youth?

KingRevolver

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Others i wore out include.....

AC/DC-Back In Black

Guns N Roses-Appetite For Destruction

Def Leppard-Hysteria

Motley Crue-Too Fast For Love

Van Halen 1984

Led Zeppelin IV

Judas Priest-Screaming For Vengeance

Boston

KISS-Alive!

Rush-2112

Aerosmith-Toys In The Attic

Metallica-.....And Justice For All

Alice In Chains-Dirt

Was a huge hard rocker/metalhead in the 1980's. The 1970's and 1980's will always be the golden age of good kickass rock and roll. Make no mistake i liked some rap back in the day but don't like it period now. Anyway if your old enough around 40 or older you remember when rock dominated the musical landscape. MTV played rock twenty four seven,rock bands dominated the billboard albums charts,radio played rock nonstop,etc. I have no beef with alternative i like a lot of the bands in fact Alice In Chains are huge favorites of mine however it was in the 90's when rap took over from rock as the most dangerous and in demand music especially with youth.

Back before the 90's hit in the 1980's you had rock stars being sued because kids were killing themselves due to lyrics,bands were being called satanists and devil worshippers some like Iron Maiden,Motley Crue used it to sell more albums and used pentagrams and upside down crosses. Also the rock videos had women,fast cars,violence,etc. The rock bands all topped the charts regularly selling 5 to 10 million albums each release. Whats funny is when the 90's arrived rock stopped making those type of videos for gloomy stuff and the rap acts began to use women,fast cars,violence in their videos and the popularity of rap skyrocketed while demand for rock started to decline. Also rock acts began to sell less albums.

Just read yesterday nearly all the big time rock bands constantly tour now and most don't make albums anymore. Acts like AC/DC,KISS,Aerosmith,Metallica,The Rolling Stones,ZZ Top,etc. make their money touring and albums don't produce revenue anymore. Also at the turn of the century internet and programs like Napster basically killed the album because once Kaaza,Napster arrived folks downloaded the music and quit going to stores to buy albums.

:mutley

Never done this before...

I was reading forum when wife sent me a text. She was asking me what color of baseball pants to get our son because he needs new pants and has a game in the morning. I saw the text pop up. Then I responded to text on the forum.

Wtf is wrong with me?

I posted to get him grey btw..

Wore out 2 8 tracks of Deep Purple "Machine Head" cruising main in my 1970 Monte Carlo with a pack of matches under it so it would play....

My older brother used to put a couple baseball cards under his he had a '72 chevy Nova. I remember him mainly playing Black Sabbath Paranoid a lot. Those eight tracks also had a tendency for the tape deck to eat them and then we'd be pulling tape string out of the deck by the handful.