TCU, The Auction and the Power Conferences

LCD

Just curious since I (and Timely who bought half) have TCU in the auction.

Do they have a chance.  If Boykin and Doctson can play and they win out against Oklahoma and then Baylor and Stanford beats Notre Dame and the SEC ends up with one team and the Big 10 ends up with one team and OK State loses to Baylor and maybe Oklahoma, does TCU make it.  I know everyone is saying no Big 12 team should make it but the other conferences are shredding each other just as much.

Couldn't it then be:

Clemson (if UNC beats them don't they have a shitty strength of schedule)

Alabama/Florida

OSU/Iowa/Michigan State

TCU

Just want to know what people think since I haven't paid too much attention to this and every year everyone acts like everything's going to be a lock and shit blows up.

WVU's a bastard for getting OkSt.

Yah.  It's just nobody's talking about the mayhem when all these top teams play each other.

Only OSU, Iowa or MSU is getting in.

And only Florida or Alabama is getting in.

So a Big 12 team is live.  There's no way Oklahoma State is not getting in if they win out.  That seems like bullshit.  With their QB and their second best player playing then TCU is a really good team.

I think Iowa is in great shape.  They get Purdue and Nebraska.  OSU gets a much longer row to hoe.

Yeah.  I just don't understand all these experts acting like they know how this is going to play out.  Alabama has a mediocre QB, OSU is inconsistent, Michigan is a spoiler, Stanford is playing ND at home, UNC is a good team.  I think either Oklahoma State or a one loss team from the Big 12 is getting in.

I'm toast, have......

MEMPHIS

UTAH

MSU

BAYLOR

ALABAMA

LSU

NOTRE DAME

Memphis and Utah were just silly bids, as I believe you were advised

Baylor was a huge steal that didn't work out, best value of any bid at the time

having both LSU/Alabama meant you almost certainly would have the SEC rep (Florida a longshot)

and then ND and MSU insurance

one factor to consider is how many fans does a certain team have???

that is a major thing to consider as this is a business.

Notre Dame is going to get the benefit of the doubt b/c they have a HUGE fan base and it would be great for ratings/ticket sales if they get in.

I heard the espn guys talking last year before they announced the final 4 and they were like Ohio State has to get in look at how many fans they have across the country. The commentator was like

"I don't think I have ever met a Baylor football fan" which is not surprising. They are a small private school if i am not mistaken.