Miles is 110-32 in the toughest conference in football

sleepy

Many of these coaches would coach for 80k a year but we got universities over charging students to pay these guys their ridiculous salaries.

cmon now no college coach is coaching for 80k a year when these schools are bringing in billions of dollars. Especially since the players get jack shit of that money.

No quality coach would be a college coach if they could make more money as a wide receivers coach in the NFL

cmon now no college coach is coaching for 80k a year when these schools are bringing in billions of dollars. Especially since the players get jack shit of that money.

No quality coach would be a college coach if they could make more money as a wide receivers coach in the NFL

I talked to Glen Mason and asked him common man if the most you could make coaching football was 80k a year would you go back to school and get a degree where you could pursue higher paying jobs and he said of course not.

Ferentz, from a pure coaching standpoint, is twice the coach Miles is.............Miles only advantage over Ferentz would surfaces when it comes to in-game decisions.

Ferentz will win his 4th Big Ten coach of the year award this year, despite the fact of being a subpar in-game coach........

........on teaching/class ALONE, there is absolutely no better coach in CFB than Ferentz.

People wanted Ferentz out of Iowa.What a joke,Allof a sudden he figured it out.??? Solid coach in a tough place to recruit,

yep agree hes a very good coach

Problem is he had some big successes and then people raised the bar too high, which is the most common mistake when it comes to firing coaches. They do such a good job that people expect nothing but that success even in tough places like Iowa

Too many programs and fan bases think they have elite programs (see Miami Fla). Fact is its really difficult to keep winning at a high rate. Thats why guys like Saban are so special 

Take a look at what Texas became after ditching Mack Brown

great example. Another case of fan bases getting greedy and being mad about 10-3 type seasons with good bowl games, and every once in a while being title contenders so they move on. And what happens? cant even make a bowl game now and get embarrassed by the good big 12 teams

At some point even great coaches run their course and there comes a time for them to move on.  I am a life long LSU fan and have enjoyed the success the team has had under Les Miles and personally think he is a heck of a coach, that being said perhaps its time to move along and that time which eventually strikes for all coaches in situations has come for him. 

The teams overly conservative offensive approache i think can be argued has definitely hurt the teams success the last 2-3 years and with top recruiting classes all of those years the offense remains a relic from the 80's. It has produced its share of wins don't get me wrong but at the same time when step back and look at the games against quality opponents and top end teams we have not fared very well and really have had some very poor offensive showings. Now that as always isn't all Miles fault but i think most LSU fans agree the style of offense we play under Miles has led to hardly any even decent QB's being recruited over last 8+ years. 

Would i fire Miles this season probably not but i would instead force him to loosen the cuffs on his offensive coaching staff mainly Cam Cameron and let them do what they do and overhaul the teams offensive approach . Being able to run and play defense is great but if you don't have an effective passing attack you won't be successful against the better and top end teams on a yearly basis its just how the game has changed some over the years and LSU has really lacked horribly in that area under Miles the last few years. 

It is always risky when firing a proven coach esp at the college ranks but at this point it seems like what is going to happen as once the momentum starts moving in that direction its hard to stop it. 

Take a look at what Texas became after ditching Mack Brown

Or Tennessee after Fulmer.

LSU is just getting greedy. They sucked in the 90's before Saban and Miles and now they have to deal with the Mississippi teams actually winning more than 2 games a year.

No way in hell they improve the program by running off Les Miles.

Guest boatboatboat

Beat Alabama

Keep police blotter and ncaa memos void of LSU players

Win bowl games

In THAT order

les failed at #1

Same thing happened to John Copper at Ohio State because he couldn't beat Mich