Betmania making up rules as they go

Lloyd Christmas

In their rules regarding free payouts, it says the account "must be active for at least 30 days". I have made one bet in the past 30 days, so they told me I am not eligible because "one bet is not enough". No where in their rules does it say how many bets need to be made in the 30 day period.

Nevermind the fact that this rule is poorly written in the first place. "Must be active for at least 30 days" would imply a new player must play for at least 30 days before a free payout is granted.

"A player must be active for the 30 days prior to payout request" would be correct. Having in writing how many wagers they would like instead of leaving it up to the employees opinion would be nice too. I used to have nothing but good things to sat about Mania but it's been one headache after another with them the last year or so.

i understand the frustration, but how many books would give a free payout to someone that only made 1 bet in the last 30 days?

common sense would say that's not really being active for purposes of free payouts. youwager is 1 bet/week which is about the most generous one i know of

I think a lot of books would. If I play at 5dimes for 3 months, always keep a balance there, but only made 1 wager in past 30 days, I think they would give me a free payout. Rules at betmania should definitely be more specific though.

I think a lot of books would. If I play at 5dimes for 3 months, always keep a balance there, but only made 1 wager in past 30 days, I think they would give me a free payout. Rules at betmania should definitely be more specific though.

fair enough, but even 5dimes seems vague about their free payouts so they can give them on a case-by-case basis. someone waiting every 30 days to get another free withdrawal, and not really continuing to make wagers, books will think that they are taking advantage of the program...

"Redemption requests submitted on Mondays between 9:00 AM EST and 1:00 PM EST may qualify to be sent with for free or with a discounted fee only if the method and account are eligible for it. You are allowed one free/discounted withdrawal every 30 days if no payments have been processed during that period. If you have received a withdrawal from 5Dimes in the past 30 days you are NOT eligible for a free/discounted withdrawal."

we all know the drill, to call out betmania on a site they are a sponsor of, for behavior that most bonus books would do, seems a bit silly and counter productive.

Well 5dimes would not have done this, but having said that 1 bet a month is not active! Just pay the fee yourself and be done with it. It isn't even worth the hassle! I assume that you are getting at least $900 or so. Just pay the fee, the time and aggravation isn't worth it to complain over it. Also very likely the book will determine that having you as a player isn't worth it either.

MilwaukeeMike, I have NEVER had a problem getting a free payout at 5dimes. Not last month, not ever! Sure sometimes I requested payouts and knew that it hadn't been a month so I knew that I would be paying fees in that case. 5dimes is rock solid. But I have also received payouts from betmania as well. betmania did cut my account from receiving any bonuses last year though

Well they are WVU, but 1 bet a month wouldn't be considered active. I am not sure that 1 book a week would be considered that active for small books.

LLOYD,

Why not place bets everyday for the next 7 days. We have NBA, baseball everyday, hockey everyday and football. Shouldn't be hard to do. Now if they don't call THAT active, then I will be pissed as well. Then you get your free payout and you may win more money too

Well they are WVU, but 1 bet a month wouldn't be considered active. I am not sure that 1 book a week would be considered that active for small books.

LLOYD,

Why not place bets everyday for the next 7 days. We have NBA, baseball everyday, hockey everyday and football. Shouldn't be hard to do. Now if they don't call THAT active, then I will be pissed as well. Then you get your free payout and you may win more money too

I'm sure he would have placed more bets if he knew he had to. That's the point of this thread.

I have no problem paying a fee. I pay 40 for every Topbet check I get and have no issues with it. I have a problem with books twisting rules however they please in order to benefit themselves. They've cut me to 250 on major sports and 25 on everything else so losing them would not be a loss.

your position is understandable, but who do you think will benefit from the thread? i think it will hurt everyone and help nobody. making sponsors less likely to give away free contests, etc when they get badmouthed.

Why do people want this information pmed to boat or not spoken of on the forums? I thought these forums were because we could all inform each other about books. Sure, we hear the negatives much more than the positives but that's because a new poster coming in and saying he just cashed out $9300 gets bad-mouthed called a liar and then runs away.

MilwaukeeMike, I love you man, you're a great poster and I imagine in real life you are a great person and father. However, the free contests are here because they want new players. As you know, you're a losing player who will win the freebies but give them right back so you are acceptable to the books. Small books want to give new posters a shot because new posters usually equal someone who is inexperienced and will lose. The free contests are not meant for people like me and you who have been around for a long time.

Thank you for making this thread Lloyd Christmas as it is information everyone should know about.

Why do people want this information pmed to boat or not spoken of on the forums? I thought these forums were because we could all inform each other about books. Sure, we hear the negatives much more than the positives but that's because a new poster coming in and saying he just cashed out $9300 gets bad-mouthed called a liar and then runs away.

MilwaukeeMike, I love you man, you're a great poster and I imagine in real life you are a great person and father. However, the free contests are here because they want new players. As you know, you're a losing player who will win the freebies but give them right back so you are acceptable to the books. Small books want to give new posters a shot because new posters usually equal someone who is inexperienced and will lose. The free contests are not meant for people like me and you who have been around for a long time.

Thank you for making this thread Lloyd Christmas as it is information everyone should know about.

the forums won't exist if posters make every one of their posts bashing sponsor books. not saying we have to kiss their ass but let's at least try to even out the good and bad

the forums won't exist if posters make every one of their posts bashing sponsor books. not saying we have to kiss their ass but let's at least try to even out the good and bad

Please inform me where OP has bashed betmania, in the thread title or in any posts in this thread.

The thread title is a statement. The statement was backed up in the first post with direct quotes from betmania's rules. His replies in this thread have not had any insults towards betmania or others.

You took a personal jab at me in the thread I recently made. I just said it how it was with my first post in this thread. You being a lifelong sports betting loser is from your words at SBR, EOG and TGF (possibly other forums I don't frequent as well). Me being 'weird' is your words, not mine.

I made two separate threads praising Betmania at SBR. One was when they gave me a $25 free play for informing them of a line error. Another was when they changed a teaser from a loss to a win when I pointed out their rules stated that win + tie= win. They yielded and then changed the rule.

I made two separate threads praising Betmania at SBR. One was when they gave me a $25 free play for informing them of a line error. Another was when they changed a teaser from a loss to a win when I pointed out their rules stated that win + tie= win. They yielded and then changed the rule.

good to hear, i'm running bad and heartbroken about bcats' cousin so would rather hear some good stories. sorry if i was antagonistic, sometimes my posts seem more serious/mean than i intended. i think most people here are banned at sbr though lol

:cheers