Cop comes to my parked vehicle...

shooterman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich....I'm pretty sure you live in Chicago? ....in Cali that is a 'fix it ticket' where you have 30 days to fix it and all u have to do is find a cop anywhere and have him look at it and then sign it off....

If you had a cop in the family it made it real easy....not to mention you didn't have to do it.....my Dub was dumped and I would have uncle sign my fix tics all the time...

That's another reason why every state is probably a better place to live than Illinois...lol.

Cop pulled me over on Verrazano Bridge couple years back on my way to AC. Told me I was going 65 on a 45 zone. I told him I was going 45 and asked how he got me at 65. He told me he "eye balled me" at 65.

Pleaded not guilty, and asked for the officer's communications on the dash cam and his mic.

Went to court, they didn't even bother with the recording I asked. I showed them my request that I sent through certified mail.

Was thrown out as soon as I showed that request and the officer couldn't provide.

Rule #1 spankie, "Don't mess with the man". Did chickie appreciate it?

Yes and my mom was happy and proud.  This cop tried to fuk my mom once when he pulled her over he was like insinuating that she could get out of it with a blowie. 

And yes it was his personal car plommer. 

Felt like a FUKING KING. 

3 or so hours in court or pay a 50 dollar ticket.

I remember being 17 when this was a tough decision.

I'd be more likely to fight it today than when I was 17.  I'd have no problem sitting in court all day now for a $20 ticket if I thought I was right, it's just the principal of it.  No way I'd pay a cent to a township/state if I thought it was BS.  20+ years ago, I probably would have just paid it thinking that I had better things to do.

Lol...the exact opposite happened to me a few weeks ago.   Was driving home on a Saturday night.  Hadn't had an ounce of alcohol.  

Came up to a check point where cops were stopping every car looking for drunk drivers.  

I rolled down my window and gave them my license.  they asked where i was coming from and i told them.  I have a perfectly clean driving record.  

All of a sudden a cop talking to car behind me yelled something at the cop i was talking to.  He now tells me my license plate light was out (I had no idea this light even existed and I drive a relatively new 2014 car).  He says he's going to write me a $50 compliance ticket and that it won't go on my record if i pay it.  

My reply was..."Serious, you're really going to write me a ticket for that instead of just giving me a warning"? I didn't swear or anything.   And he now says, now its $100 ticket, do you want to keep going?

So basically i got bent over my a cop and had no choice but to pay the $100.  

A light out isn't a moving violation. It doesn't go on your record no matter what.

Did you make this up?

A light out isn't a moving violation. It doesn't go on your record no matter what.

Did you make this up?

No, that's exactly how it played out.  I guess even if I didn't pay it, it wouldn't have gone on my record but the $100 wasn't worth it going to collections and wasn't worth wasting a half of a day in court.

asked me what I'm doing parked at the mall at 6am on a Sunday. Told him my story and takes my license and runs my plates. He comes back and tells me my registration has expired at end of December. Young kid with the badge and was expecting a long walk home in the cold and a nice tow fee and then he says "I'm not going to hassle you but the next cop probably will". I am still in shock as this is the first break I have received from a copper in about 40 years since I got caught with a bag of weed in high school. I am pretty sure I got let go that time because one of the dopers I was with was the son of a town VIP. Anyone else catch a break lately?

yeah i got pulled over about 2 weeks ago for speeding. Was going about 45 mph on a 35 mph

road.

Cop was like do you know why i pulled you over?

I said yeah my bad I was speeding I thought it was 45mph speed limit but then i just realized it was 35mph...

He goes away to check my ID etc... for about 15 minutes. ( i assume to make sure i didnt have an arrest warrant)

and then he's like yeah the speed limit used to 45 but now its 35. I dont normally do this but i'm not going to write you a ticket.

I was like thanks buddy

and he said " you take care, go panthers!"