NFL to London only getting bigger...

KingRevolver

I think it for sure happens, London is getting a team within the next 10 years

Fans seem to hate it but i get it. Expanding the brand to europe would make the nfl TONS of $$$. Goodell doesn't get paid $44 M per year for no reason.

Expanding to 5 games next year, probably will do 8 games within the next couple years to see if London can handle selling out 8 home games in a season

Logistically somebody within the nfl explained they would just cluster their games (so 3-4 road games followed by 3-4 home games) so they arent flying back and forth every week. Not sure what would be done about visiting teams coming to london but nfl has lots of people working out the details and have had this in consideration for over a decade. They are being very smart with the process, not rushing it

Toronto wants a team also now that it looks like no way they get the bills. LA going to get a team soon too

Why dont you just make it the next 200 years. Give yourself some more wiggle room.

Well it obviously is a long process and there is still more they have to prove before London gets a permanent team of their own. NFL is expanding to 5 games next year, and soon it will be 8. They may make London sell out 8 games for multiple years also before they put a team there

They have a proposed plan to make the Super Bowl host team play a home game in london the following year and that proposed plan would be in place for 5 years they said. So that's clearly 5 years they dont think London will have their own team

This is a very slow process obviously so not going to make a stupid timeline like it has to be done in the next 3 years as that is unreasonable. LA most likely the next city to get a team but i would be shocked if we dont see London get a team eventually

Well it obviously is a long process and there is still more they have to prove before London gets a permanent team of their own. NFL is expanding to 5 games next year, and soon it will be 8. They may make London sell out 8 games for multiple years also before they put a team there

They have a proposed plan to make the Super Bowl host team play a home game in london the following year and that proposed plan would be in place for 5 years they said. So that's clearly 5 years they dont think London will have their own team

This is a very slow process obviously so not going to make a stupid timeline like it has to be done in the next 3 years as that is unreasonable. LA most likely the next city to get a team but i would be shocked if we dont see London get a team eventually

See the thread I made about the situation. Explains my thought process on the subject.

Did anyone watch the london game yesterday? Just caught the highlights...it looked rigged or something to make it a close game and draw more interest there. Hawks are killing them 21-0 at half then Lions win on last sec fg 22-21. In the 2H hawks cb basically let G Tate down field uncontested (blown coverage my ass) for their first TD. Then Matt Ryan throws one of the most ridiculous pick 6 TDs I have ever seenc to make it 21-14. He basically threw it to the Lions man sitting by himself in coverage.

Did anyone watch the london game yesterday? Just caught the highlights...it looked rigged or something to make it a close game and draw more interest there. Hawks are killing them 21-0 at half then Lions win on last sec fg 22-21. In the 2H hawks cb basically let G Tate down field uncontested (blown coverage my ass) for their first TD. Then Matt Ryan throws one of the most ridiculous pick 6 TDs I have ever seenc to make it 21-14. He basically threw it to the Lions man sitting by himself in coverage.

Watched the game, that never crossed my mind and still seems ridiculous

These teams are fighting for playoff spots (ATL due to a terrible div still very much in it) and in the case of Mike Smith he is fighting for his job. People want him fired after losing that game and it seems inevitable that he will be gone at the end of the year unless ATL makes the playoffs. Too much on the line for either team for anyone to consider playing it close for the NFL

Just a case of ATL came out strong and Detroit made the right adjustments. We see it every week in the NFL. Tennessee blew out to a 28-3 lead vs Cleveland only to blow it in the 2h. Gotta play strong for 60 mins to win in this league

Watched the game, that never crossed my mind and still seems ridiculous

These teams are fighting for playoff spots (ATL due to a terrible div still very much in it) and in the case of Mike Smith he is fighting for his job. People want him fired after losing that game and it seems inevitable that he will be gone at the end of the year unless ATL makes the playoffs. Too much on the line for either team for anyone to consider playing it close for the NFL

Just a case of ATL came out strong and Detroit made the right adjustments. We see it every week in the NFL. Tennessee blew out to a 28-3 lead vs Cleveland only to blow it in the 2h. Gotta play strong for 60 mins to win in this league

Im sure both teams agree to this before the season starts so standings at time of game on schedule are irrelevant. Its a staged events to draw in fans. What better way to manufacture a comeback thriller. I see comebacks all the time due to choking/momentum/bad luck etc. This was not that. It looked like the only adjustment at half was Falcons getting reminded that it was supposed to be a last possession game in the end.

Im sure both teams agree to this before the season starts so standings at time of game on schedule are irrelevant. Its a staged events to draw in fans. What better way to manufacture a comeback thriller. I see comebacks all the time due to choking/momentum/bad luck etc. This was not that. It looked like the only adjustment at half was Falcons getting reminded that it was supposed to be a last possession game in the end.

OK, but professional wrestling is still on the up and up, right?