Griff The Stiff up to his same old tricks

Hedge

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol

Mike I bought a small agency this year. How does that work on writing it off?

when you're BUYING someone you want to buy equipment (because then you can write it off quickly)... if you're buying "intangibles" like goodwill, client list, etc then you get stuck writing it off over 15 years.

i've been in some fun buyout discussions, because the person SELLING always wants to sell intangibles and get paid over time (preferential tax treatment) and the person BUYING doesn't want to buy any intangibles and wants to pay now

I haven't done my 2015 taxes yet. So can I claim the $7000 1-Vice stiffing against my winnings for 2015?  Or do I have to apply the 7k theft to possible 2016 winnings?

:laugh

those non-business bad debts are limited to your basis in the theft (so you would have to stick 7000 in first) and it's only deductible in the year you reasonably assumed it to be worthless, which i'm guessing is 2016

when you're BUYING someone you want to buy equipment (because then you can write it off quickly)... if you're buying "intangibles" like goodwill, client list, etc then you get stuck writing it off over 15 years.

i've been in some fun buyout discussions, because the person SELLING always wants to sell intangibles and get paid over time (preferential tax treatment) and the person BUYING doesn't want to buy any intangibles and wants to pay now

Yeah can see that. What I bought is accounts of couple hundred clients that pay commissions and he got bought out.

So not really a client list but maybe. 15 years blows if that's the case

:laugh

those non-business bad debts are limited to your basis in the theft (so you would have to stick 7000 in first) and it's only deductible in the year you reasonably assumed it to be worthless, which i'm guessing is 2016

Damn, can't win for losing. :lol  

Take things to good will.

.ask for receipt.

95 percent of time they hand you a blank one

correct... but i suggest filling it in while it's fresh in your memory, or taking a picture

most people are somewhat honest and probably forget some of the stuff they gave, i'm guessing most put down less than they should rather than more

Guest boatboatboat

Serious question Rich

If 1Vice currently doesn't have the funds to pay all players in full in one fell swoop, but does want to be able to in time pay all the players, how would you suggest they do so without moving forward and continuing to take deposits and accept wagers?

Here are the current offers for you to reload your account with us today.

For any deposit of $100 or more you can have;

50% freeplay bonus 5x rollover

or

100% freeplay 10x rollover

For any deposit of $500 or more you can have;

150% freeplay 15x rollover 

Please respond here if interested?

Thanks

Griffin

Serious question Rich

If 1Vice currently doesn't have the funds to pay all players in full in one fell swoop, but does want to be able to in time pay all the players, how would you suggest they do so without moving forward and continuing to take deposits and accept wagers?

If they are taking in new deposits in order to pay current balances, its an upside down ponzi scheme...and its basically leading new depositors into disaster.  

If a book doesn't have the dough to cover all (free and clear) balances (ie full tilt poker, betislands), then they absolutely should not be looking for more suckers (customers).

But lets assume they have the best of intentions and are looking for more deposits to cover old debts and are trying to right the ship and work their way back, why haven't they contacted hedge and any others that had to give away half their balance in order to get paid something.  This new money coming in should be going to cover that, no?

1vice has been a ponzi scheme all along to begin with. Over the years everytime they needed new deposits they upped there bonuses and promotions to get new deposits in. I was part of there bowl tournament a couple years ago and that alone got them like 50-60 deposits alone with a decent rollover so they can hold on to the money for a while. Every time they need money to pay players out they simply offer a more enticing promo to get money in and its a never ending cycle until the deposits stop coming in and they can't pay, which already has happened and will happen again if Griffin keeps making the same mistakes.

Also can someone confirm current payout times if you make a deposit now and take a bonus? AB is offering same day p2p is 1vice anywhere near that? Last I checked they were quoting between 7-15 business days.

If they are taking in new deposits in order to pay current balances, its an upside down ponzi scheme...and its basically leading new depositors into disaster.  

If a book doesn't have the dough to cover all (free and clear) balances (ie full tilt poker, betislands), then they absolutely should not be looking for more suckers (customers).

But lets assume they have the best of intentions and are looking for more deposits to cover old debts and are trying to right the ship and work their way back, why haven't they contacted hedge and any others that had to give away half their balance in order to get paid something.  This new money coming in should be going to cover that, no?

if someone agreed to take 5k now on a 12k balance, instead of having to roll the 12k over 10 times, then why would 1vice/ab pay them the rest?  that would be a slap in the face to those that have to roll it over

not saying this was the case with hedge because he might not have been allowed to keep playing, but it's the case with some

and most places don't have the funds to cover all balances, if everyone went to chase and asked for a withdrawal it couldn't happen

Guest boatboatboat

if someone agreed to take 5k now on a 12k balance, instead of having to roll the 12k over 10 times, then why would 1vice/ab pay them the rest?

egg zact lee

people purr plex me.

The book fucked up. Ask them they will tell you so.

Cant change the past, what is done is done.

So rather than simply skipping town with the 100k of balances they did have when it became obvious they were fucked, they stay the course, try to make good the best they can on debt. Only able to do that by continuing to take wagers and deposits like they have for 5 years, and people bitch about that.

amazing to watch human nature at it's finest.

if someone agreed to take 5k now on a 12k balance, instead of having to roll the 12k over 10 times, then why would 1vice/ab pay them the rest?  that would be a slap in the face to those that have to roll it over

not saying this was the case with hedge because he might not have been allowed to keep playing, but it's the case with some

and most places don't have the funds to cover all balances, if everyone went to chase and asked for a withdrawal it couldn't happen

current players who were moved over and allowed to bet with the new software are limited to $500 monthly withdrawals from my understanding

Both these posts are why you have to be nuts to deposit any new money here.  

Say i deposit 500-1000 and get on a nice run and build it to 4k.  What are my 2 options, either settle for 40c on the dollar and get $1600 for my 4k balance, Or option 2, wait 8 months to get paid 4k.  Either option sucks.  

Guest boatboatboat

I believe (but don't know) that any new deposits into accounts if requesting a payout will be assured by AB to be done as they always were done prior to the last few mths

egg zact lee

people purr plex me.

The book fucked up. Ask them they will tell you so.

Cant change the past, what is done is done.

So rather than simply skipping town with the 100k of balances they did have when it became obvious they were fucked, they stay the course, try to make good the best they can on debt. Only able to do that by continuing to take wagers and deposits like they have for 5 years, and people bitch about that.

amazing to watch human nature at it's finest.

Boat, if they were settling everyones acct 100%, even at only $500/month, that would be one thing.  But people who have no history of lying are claiming they are losing 60% of their free and clear balance just in order  to receive anything