Griff The Stiff up to his same old tricks

Hedge

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What constitutes a book labeling someone as "sharp" and cutting them off?  Are they just betting line moves that these bonus books are slow to move on?  Hedge, can't you bet your plays for higher limits at better books, or are bonus books just much easier to beat?

With 1-Vice, "Sharp" means anyone up on them lifetime.  And half of what I was up with 1V were contest wins here and at MadJacks ($5000 college football regular season win). Without the bonus, a full juice Book like 1V would be very difficult to beat, although they did have some soft prop odds.  I didn't play steam there, but 1V would often take a position on certain NFL games that you could unload on (and offset elsewhere if so inclined). So rollover wasn't that hard to do there (especially if you could hedge at  reduced Books like 5D and Heritage).  

With 1-Vice, "Sharp" means anyone up on them lifetime.  And half of what I was up with 1V were contest wins here and at MadJacks ($5000 college football regular season win). Without the bonus, a full juice Book like 1V would be very difficult to beat, although they did have some soft prop odds.  I didn't play steam there, but 1V would often take a position on certain NFL games that you could unload on (and offset elsewhere if so inclined). So rollover wasn't that hard to do there (especially if you could hedge at  reduced Books like 5D and Heritage).  

Griffin said he would pay you off if you gave him time in that other thread. Have you called him up and hashed it out? Seems he would probably like to get this behind him and is at least open to paying you. This seems to be his biggest hurdle to moving forward, I'd say you've got leverage.

Griffin said he would pay you off if you gave him time in that other thread. Have you called him up and hashed it out? Seems he would probably like to get this behind him and is at least open to paying you. This seems to be his biggest hurdle to moving forward, I'd say you've got leverage.

Funny that you mentioned this, because he repeated the same promise to me yesterday.  However, he won't commit to a timetable.  This conversation began because I got the same deposit bonus email that RichSox24 received, despite asking Griff  repeatedly to take me off his advertising.  I should post the exchange of emails we had (I still might), but I'll give the "cliff notes". Knowing that money is tight there, my offer was for 35 monthly payouts of $200 each to erase my 7k debt. I thought it was fair considering that I got more upfront than most.  It would likely make me the last one paid off,  assuming they lasted another 3 years--which seems highly unlikely now. I thought it was a fair offer.

Funny that you mentioned this, because he repeated the same promise to me yesterday. However, he won't commit to a timetable. This conversation began because I got the same deposit bonus email that RichSox24 received, despite asking Griff repeatedly to take me off his advertising. I should post the exchange of emails we had (I still might), but I'll give the "cliff notes". Knowing that money is tight there, my offer was for 35 monthly payouts of $200 each to erase my 7k debt. I thought it was fair considering that I got more upfront than most. It would likely make me the last one paid off, assuming they lasted another 3 years--which seems highly unlikely now. I thought it was a fair offer.

Then your in good shape. Heck it will take me 9 months to get to 5k.

Funny that you mentioned this, because he repeated the same promise to me yesterday.  However, he won't commit to a timetable.  This conversation began because I got the same deposit bonus email that RichSox24 received, despite asking Griff  repeatedly to take me off his advertising.  I should post the exchange of emails we had (I still might), but I'll give the "cliff notes". Knowing that money is tight there, my offer was for 35 monthly payouts of $200 each to erase my 7k debt. I thought it was fair considering that I got more upfront than most.  It would likely make me the last one paid off,  assuming they lasted another 3 years--which seems highly unlikely now. I thought it was a fair offer.

I had a feeling that was coming. Don't think these guys necessarily realized they were ripping people off. They seem to be in a pretty good position at this point having come to terms with pretty much everybody.. RDG is in this up to their neck now so they are going to have to pay out or go under. I'd say you will probably be able to get more later on when they can get some control of the outflows.

JFC boat.

Vice was and is a scam book.

Griffin is a moron and had no business running a book. Because of that the posters here with money there suffer due to his stupidity.

There is no way to put a positive spin on this.

I never had any money with vice as I don't like supporting shit books. I did play at AB as I liked their reps and they seem to kinda know what they were doing though they shit the bed with their poker offering.

I had a feeling that was coming. Don't think these guys necessarily realized they were ripping people off. They seem to be in a pretty good position at this point having come to terms with pretty much everybody.. RDG is in this up to their neck now so they are going to have to pay out or go under. I'd say you will probably be able to get more later on when they can get some control of the outflows.

I doubt Americas Bookie will go under... If anything 1 vice clients will get paid but it will take time. The Nba Promo was the worst promo in the offshore history. Can't believe guys are wondering why Griff is having trouble paying all the money owed. If anybody did not know the NBA promo had all the writing on the wall the book was going to get into big trouble needs to think again well atleast some posters made out pretty good..

I doubt Americas Bookie will go under... If anything 1 vice clients will get paid but it will take time. The Nba Promo was the worst promo in the offshore history. Can't believe guys are wondering why Griff is having trouble paying all the money owed. If anybody did not know the NBA promo had all the writing on the wall the book was going to get into big trouble needs to think again well atleast some posters made out pretty good..

I don't see any way it does not work out at this point. I do think RDG is going to wish they never made this deal. But I would feel pretty comfortable getting payouts. It will just be the hassle of having to deal with it. But it beats the laternative.

i guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease sometimes... still seems a bit rotten to me to take a deal, then want the rest of it too and file complaints until you get it.  your "fair deal" would put you in a better position than every single other person who had money there (since there would be no rollover, no partial giveback, etc).  i guess fair is a relative term.

A complaint was filed by a player who won $7,000 total from contests at two third-party forums. The player agreed to a settlement whereby he received only funds won from his straight-up deposits, though the player feared he would not be paid if he did not accept the settlement; the player now wants to be paid in full. SBR advises players to avoid making agreements while under duress, as once a deal is reached, few betting sites will break an established agreement.

i guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease sometimes... still seems a bit rotten to me to take a deal, then want the rest of it too and file complaints until you get it.  your "fair deal" would put you in a better position than every single other person who had money there (since there would be no rollover, no partial giveback, etc).  i guess fair is a relative term.

A complaint was filed by a player who won $7,000 total from contests at two third-party forums. The player agreed to a settlement whereby he received only funds won from his straight-up deposits, though the player feared he would not be paid if he did not accept the settlement; the player now wants to be paid in full. SBR advises players to avoid making agreements while under duress, as once a deal is reached, few betting sites will break an established agreement.

My "deal" was $5000 or nothing, so I don't apologize for taking it.  Unlike others, Downsouth for example,I wasn't offered a payment plan for my full balance.  I don't think SBR knew this when they posted  what you quoted, and I have since updated them on my situation.   The $7000 in contest winnings was fully rolled over, but I offered to do the additional 10X RO that others have had to do, even more if need be. However, 1-Vice considers my action too sharp, fearing that I would increase the 7k owed.  So their solution was to take the 7k up front and pay the rest immediately.   Not sure how that scores on the "Fair" range, but it is what it is.  FWIW, I agree with you that those that were paid a smaller % up front should be given higher priority than my debt.

hedge I am certain any conversation you had with them was recorded that is standard practice.

You should ask them to post the phone call.

I agree with this.  If hedge was given a REASONABLE option to receive his full balance over time but chose the quick 5k, then he doesn't really have a leg to stand on.  

But if it was offered to hedge as 5k or nothing (take it or leave it), then its blatant theft of 7k and 1vice/griffin should be blacklisted by every forum out there.  

hedge I am certain any conversation you had with them was recorded that is standard practice.

You should ask them to post the phone call.

I've had this conversation with Griff before (see below), nothing came of it--except another empty promise to pay the 7k.

Sent: Monday, March 7, 2016 9:40 PM

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: 1VICE RELOAD YOUR ACCOUNT BONUS

Tom up until this mess I paid you many times and always kept my word. Somewhere along the lines you made up your mind that I am a liar and not to be trusted. You have no real basis for that. I told you I will pay you and so I will. It does not matter too me if you believe me or not I know who I am. I am not going to commit to any time frame, sorry. But it will be done.

You have already done the damage to me and to yourself with all the posting. That cant be fixed.

I need to get some sleep. Good night

On Mar 7, 2016 9:23 PM, "xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd like to hear it too, especially the part where I was offered a full payment plan with less up front.  Didn't happen, just a lump sum offer.  What has happened twice now, is
you saying that you'll pay the 7k in question
, but with zero details each time. So what's your plan, Griff?  I can do a long term arrangement to fit your budget--say $200 per month over 35 months.  At least then I could take you  serious on what has been empty promises the past few months.  Do you really plan on addressing the debt that you want me to "shove up my ass". 

Obviously not an option as it makes too much sense for all parties involved.

Exactly.  That said, I don't think I'm doing you or me any favors by rehashing this over and over again. Obviously, it does neither of us any good if the new 1V fails. I have an open complaint with SBR and a promise from Griffin to pay the outstanding balance.  I'll let them iron it out for now.  In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck in getting your monthly installments. 

Exactly. That said, I don't think I'm doing you or me any favors by rehashing this over and over again. Obviously, it does neither of us any good if the new 1V fails. I have an open complaint with SBR and a promise from Griffin to pay the outstanding balance. I'll let them iron it out for now. In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck in getting your monthly installments.

No. But allowing the conversation to be posted would at least prove you were not offered any deal other than eating the 7k