Big Ted given up the dream...need advice

Teddy kgb

Rito, it's hard to say I have had success because I don't have the money to show for it, my problem is I've always gone all-in and I seriously want to change my ways after all these years....

I have outs, I even have Vegas outs.....nobody is going to ban me for making 12k a year that is spread out at 3-4 spots....

Was hoping (and it's early) for someone to give me a way to go about it not tell me it's not worth it....don't want to seem rude with that comment and would love you to keep chiming in here Rito

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gambling supplemental income only? Or anything?

My next big supplemental idea is to scour the rivers for drift wood, sell them for big bucks on ebay and etsy.

That's a good question......I guess gambling only, at least for this thread.....I guess if I was interested in something like drift wood I would pursue it but after all these years I still love to gamble....just need to change my approach from wanting to be a Rock Star to being a Garage Band.....

Again!!!!!!!

Use your outs to attack bad numbers......bonus whore......do contests........if you don't feel comfortable betting the bad numbers, try scalping and middling some or most of them.

In the meantime, think you travel to Vegas once in awhile, you can add to your gaming income here if you want to grind........if you're only interested in only making 12k a year, grinding should be a welcome friend of yours.

If I had to sum up what I was looking for from some of you guys I guess my question would be this...

If you post up with no bonus say $500 and double up in a week, what's the move? I know it sounds like such a vanilla question but I've never played to collect so my move would to be throw the 1k at the next available while trying to get 'Real money' but now I'm thinking getting my deposit back should be #1 on my list....True? Then what? Keep clipping for $500 until it runs out? And then what? Another deposit?

Kinda what I'm asking.....the ratio of deposit to withdrawal amounts...

Rito, it's hard to say I have had success because I don't have the money to show for it, my problem is I've always gone all-in and I seriously want to change my ways after all these years....

I have outs, I even have Vegas outs.....nobody is going to ban me for making 12k a year that is spread out at 3-4 spots....

Was hoping (and it's early) for someone to give me a way to go about it not tell me it's not worth it....don't want to seem rude with that comment and would love you to keep chiming in here Rito

It depends entirely what you are betting.   If you play props, teasers, steam, etc.  expect to get shut down even without winning hardly anything.  If you are beating big markets on your own, no you won't get shut down, but that is very difficult.  

If I had to sum up what I was looking for from some of you guys I guess my question would be this...

If you post up with no bonus say $500 and double up in a week, what's the move? I know it sounds like such a vanilla question but I've never played to collect so my move would to be throw the 1k at the next available while trying to get 'Real money' but now I'm thinking getting my deposit back should be #1 on my list....True? Then what? Keep clipping for $500 until it runs out? And then what? Another deposit?

Kinda what I'm asking.....the ratio of deposit to withdrawal amounts...

This isn't really the way you should look at it.  You need a defined gambling roll.   Don't wd until you are limited/banned or if your balance is sufficiently big enough that you aren't betting all of it regularly. 

Ok Teddy, get a 100% BC bonus with bookmaker and/DSI........when you get up say 2-3k(or 1k as you mentioned), transfer half to Heritage for an 8% bonus.

There's a start for you........one of many possible "starts" or "scenarios"

Again, don't handicap a single game, you're wasting you're time doing such unless you couple it with a great number.

I don't have enough outs or money to do that FH.  I'm screwed.

By the size of the bets you posted it looks like you do to me......that kind of money at BM can turn you a profit of 300-500 Free money in-game....

Going off topic but I find it so simple to beat in-game NBA but you need 5k to start......the game swings so many different ways you can't help to get plus money on both teams at one time or another and if you take the dog pre-game you only need them to have the lead once and get plus money oppo and even at +110 both ways a 1k wager puts a 100 in you pocket for Free..

Case and point SA last night at a +115 pre game.....could have got OKC +115 for the 1st 3 qters

This isn't really the way you should look at it.  You need a defined gambling roll.   Don't wd until you are limited/banned or if your balance is sufficiently big enough that you aren't betting all of it regularly.

I like where you are going here, can you expand that answer please....

Not mine Teddy I am broke.   That's my buddies who is rich and bets 20k a day. 

His answer to long term winning is always "gotta have deep pockets"

Sounds like he chases? Not sure why deep pockets would be the answer, not like rich guys are any better at gambling then you or me....

Teddy, you're involvement with in-game is a good thing, and certainly something you should focus most of your actual plays with........there's tremendous valie to be had and found by almost anyone with a clue.

Good choice here Teddy

I really think NBA in-game is Free money but with that said have you ever seen tennis in-game? I've seen a player go from -800 to +120 to win a set because they went down 30 love......the swings on Tennis would be dream come true for me if I knew the sport

Sounds like he chases? Not sure why deep pockets would be the answer, not like rich guys are any better at gambling then you or me....

Yes he lost 8K on Miami so put 21K on Portland.  He's a sick fuck and probably will be looking for a job in a few months.  But who knows. 

His theory is that having a big enough bankrolll he can always chase and get it back.  But I remember a few years ago he did this same thing and lost like 100k on a single game and disappeared for a few months. 

You should have a bankroll.  Defined as an amount where if you lose it you are done gambling forever.

Then bets should be a % of that roll.  I wouldn't bet more than 2-3% on anything.   Don't concern yourself with doubling up or your deposits.  Keep a detailed account of your wagers and your bankroll.

I went back and read after Fishead replied to my reply..... I thought wd was western union when I read it the first time duh...

Ok.....give me a sense of a defined BR..

If I don't wd doesn't defeat what I'm trying to change about myself?

You should have a bankroll.  Defined as an amount where if you lose it you are done gambling forever.

Then bets should be a % of that roll.  I wouldn't bet more than 2-3% on anything.   Don't concern yourself with doubling up or your deposits.  Keep a detailed account of your wagers and your bankroll.

I'm with you Rito but when does the supplementing of my income come into play? Your plan seems to be a long term stay in the game plan while I'm trying to cash small amounts (if 1k a month is considered small)

Yeah and I get little excitement out of that rito.  Because I want the money to double and double and double and double.  

I can't handle the grind.  No excitement in it for me. 

If you start with 1,000 and bet 2.5% of your roll on every game and hit 55% at -110 you should have around $241,224,678  after 10,000 bets.