First Annual TGF Poverty Thread $5 Cooking Challenge -- $100 in prizes

jd_

My second entry is done. 

Had a major scare on this one. Took picture of food, finished the food, went to take picture of the receipt......no receipt.  It was tossed with the grocery bags. Had to dumpster dive to retrieve. Perfect condition. Beckett 10 like condition. Saved the day on entry #2.  Close call. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, guys. Here's the plan. 

I'm leaving early in the morning for Nashville and will be back late Thursday night. Contest closes tomorrow, Wednesday 15th at 11:59 pm EST. Anything received with a timestamp after that will not be accepted. 

I will post the images and descriptions in a poll on either Thursday night or sometime Friday morning. People that entered the contest must vote for one dish and it cannot be their own. Voting results will be made visible. We need to get rest of forum members to vote and participate. Voting is not just for those that entered.  

I was thinking voting would be open until Sunday night at midnight. That would give 3 days for voting. Or do you think I should leave voting open for a week? I'm fine with whatever on that. Let me know what you guys think. 

Thanks again. 

3 days is more then enuff.....you ain't going to get more then 2 votes by moving it from 3 days to 7

That's what I was thinking. I just wanted be fair and get input from everybody. Sounds good to me. I'll get poll up as soon as I can once I'm back at home. 

Looks like I am officially out. 

Just don't have enough time today to get these done between work, family stuff, and other duties. 

Hopefully next year we can do this before summer.   This is like the worst time of year for me.   I am disappointed, had some really creative dishes. 

GL gents.