this isn't gonna buff out is it...

bookbraker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pocketrockets

Thats fucked up... I mean if someone is that angry at you why not handle it like man and have a good old fashioned fistfeast? Dont get why people are so scared of confrontation.

Maybe it was a chick?

Guest boatboatboat

cant even come close to that here.

lucky to bill $125

and if you find a job they are paying $125 for and bid lower or mth for free, guy who has it lowers price.

hard to crack into this.

picked up a few jobs right off the bat, but getting more has proven to be difficult

Guest boatboatboat

we have the insurance and all that.

needed summer work to keep all employed, so we started this.

In winter that crew does house remodel jobs.

spring farming, fall farming

tough to keep good guys happy$$ all year long, so we are trying this.

even if we can break even its a win for us.

lucky we had trailer(s) and equipment only had to purchase 1 mower, we as individuals have access to 3 other large zero turns that we use at home if it would ever grow.

book what do you bill for a commercial job that requires 3 man hours?

riding mower, push mower,trim,blow off sidewalks

The two operators in the service network for which I book work invoice about $105 per hour three man mowing crew here in Tampa Bay area.

General landscaping, yard cleanups, flower bed restorations etc pull $50 per man hour...one to three man jobs

cant even come close to that here.

lucky to bill $125

and if you find a job they are paying $125 for and bid lower or mth for free, guy who has it lowers price.

hard to crack into this.

picked up a few jobs right off the bat, but getting more has proven to be difficult

Urp...missed the reference to "commercial" jobs.....We only do residential single family homes.

I used to solicit commercial accounts, but the price competition is brutal. And I found that half or more - even more established operations - were slow pays.

What is your geographic market?

compared to my work truck it is a shit ride "Big Ted".  My first work vehicle was a 1984 nissan sentra hatchback. 

nice rig....As you can imagine, being able to start a "landscaping" biz in Florida doesn't take much.

But in order to make it past first 24 months you better be investing in above average vehicles, gear and most of all - people

Urp...missed the reference to "commercial" jobs.....We only do residential single family homes.

I used to solicit commercial accounts, but the price competition is brutal. And I found that half or more - even more established operations - were slow pays.

What is your geographic market?

So true about the commercial accounts.  Most pay every 45 days, a couple take 60 or more.  It gets a little tricky when you are buying material such as mulch, plants, etc.