• Cornmeal crusted tilapia meal
    • Inverted bbq/hot sauced chicken drumsticks
    • Pan fried boneless pork chop with peaches
    • Homemade crepes with blueberries, whipped cream, butter, and syrup

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crepes would have gotten my vote if they would have come with a savory option like a cheese filling for a few of them...that way I would consider it more of a meal than a dessert...

I disqualify 3 and 5 for using the same plate

#2 I can not fathom being under 5.

Meatballs are realistic and come with a starch and a protein

I vote #1

We can split up prizes or whatever. Will decide after voting if it comes to that.

I hope it ends in a tie and the more the better...That Is If.....it goes to a 2nd round.....all contestants have till Thursday at midnight to post a new entr'ee.....with new scoring going from Friday-Sunday

We would probably need someone else to PM foods to as JD would be in the finals.....

I hope it ends in a tie and the more the better...That Is If.....it goes to a 2nd round.....all contestants have till Thursday at midnight to post a new entr'ee.....with new scoring going from Friday-Sunday

We would probably need someone else to PM foods to as JD would be in the finals.....

That wouldn't work for me Teddy. I've been out all week from work and go back tomorrow. I'll be doing long hours this week catching up and have class and group stuff in the evenings. We'll have to figure something out. I probably won't be fixing anything at home this week. 

Results:

Tie for 1st:

3 Piece Chicken Meal - Teddy KGB

Cornmeal crusted Tilapia - JD

2nd Place:

Sriracha Meatballs over rice - Mike Yanks

3rd Place: 

Pan Fried Pork Chop with peaches - JD

Tied 4th 

Crepes with blueberries, whipped cream, butter and syrup - JTGAMBLE

Inverted bbq chicken drumsticks - Teddy KGB

For what it's worth, here was my take on the dishes. 

Yanks' meatballs - I voted for this because of the use of ground turkey and flavors I like. I use ground turkey some, but find it harder to take on flavor to my liking. I try different ways to use it and this looked like something that would make it taste good. Presentation not so good, but am pretty sure the flavor would have been there. 

KGB's 3 piece and sides: This was best use of budget to make the most food. Being on a limited budget most times, this is a typical meal for me and I appreciated the amount of food and it probably tasted great and is something I would devour anytime. 

My Tilapia Meal - I don't cook with fish often, but this turned out good. It tasted good and I love using squash and zucchini. The corn and tomatillo salsa was good, but would have been much better if I would have grilled or roasted the corn. 

KGB's Inverted Chicken Legs - Appreciate the technique and have seen this done before, even though I haven't myself. Another good use of getting lots of food for $5, but may have received more votes with some sides or something. 

My Pork Chop meal - This tasted better than the tilapia meal and was much better overall in my opinion on presentation and all. Everything worked well together and the chop turned out just right. I should have known TGF's Muslim sympathizers would not vote for my chop, Teddy.

JTGAMBLE's blueberry crepes: I know it can be tough to get crepes to turn out right and they can break on you easily. I love some blueberries and think this would have been a great dessert for any of the meals. Kept thinking of this.