bitcoin dropping FAST!

plommer

Yeah, it's just that thats a red flag to the IRS right? Not that I wasn't planning to report it. If it's considered a short term gain I guess I have to lol...but I don't have to like it.

It'd be considered ordinary income.  Short term gains are pretty much irrelevant.  Depends what you made in total throughout the tax year.  Can be written off if you can show a loss in that amount or more somewhere.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just send it to another wallet on another exchange and cash out.

First she needs to know the fees associated with doing so.

As mentioned quite a few exchanges have high fees for selling, she want s to avoid that hence my suggestion to use LBC.

Plus getting verified is a requirement at every exchange I know of for a large amount and that takes time. Well lately it sure has been taking long.

So the transfers don't cost more from one place to another right? It's only what a particular exchange charges to sell?

We've been through this, pal.

Sending bitcoin costs a bitcoin transaction fee of approx ~$1.50 currently. That fee is paid to the miners and has nothing to do with the exchange you are using.

First she needs to know the fees associated with doing so.

As mentioned quite a few exchanges have high fees for selling, she want s to avoid that hence my suggestion to use LBC.

Plus getting verified is a requirement at every exchange I know of for a large amount and that takes time. Well lately it sure has been taking long.

For sure.  But I would get it off of Coinbase first and foremost.  I don't like when exchanges start having massive customer service issues.  Mt Gox always comes to mind.

For sure.  But I would get it off of Coinbase first and foremost.  I don't like when exchanges start having massive customer service issues.  Mt Gox always comes to mind.

Long story but my CB account is frozen. I have not been able to get a fix in a month. Luckily I moved most everything as it showed up. But there were a couple guys that had not been transferred to my wallet before it was frozen. They were still placed in my wallet but I can't buy, sell, or move.

We've been through this, pal.

Sending bitcoin costs a bitcoin transaction fee of approx ~$1.50 currently. That fee is paid to the miners and has nothing to do with the exchange you are using.

I know but I was so shocked when I saw that SEXIO was charging 7%. Didn't make sense to me why people would not just transfer somewhere else unless that was a standard fee. Sending ETH the same as sending bit coin? As far as the fee?

Guest boatboatboat

Kinda like musical chairs

All fun and games till the music stops

and it will

I think most know that

They just hope to be standing by a chair when it happens