Hysterical how FSU regains No. 1 spot

KingRevolver

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously there is a huge difference between winning a game by 3-4 points in a big comeback and dominating by 20+. Huge difference. A win is not a win in all cases. Performance matters

Just like when ND when undefeated a couple years ago but played Bama with 1 loss in the finals. Bama was a monster favorite for a reason even though "cant do better than undefeated." If ND killed everybody on their schedule that way you think Bama would have still been 11-14 pt favs? Of course not but ND wasn't that great and it showed when they got slaughtered in the finals. And if Ohio St wasn't playoff banned that year they would have been in the finals vs ND instead and Bama never would have gotten a shot even though they were miles better than ND

You obviously can't leave undefeated FSU out of the playoffs, that goes without saying. But i think yes you can argue a 1 loss Bama or Miss or Oregon has had a much more impressive season than undefeated FSU. Bama hasn't dominated teams like they usually do either this year, but they at least play tough teams every single week playing in that ridiculous SEC West. And Oregon absolutely deserves style points for not just winning on the road vs good teams like Utah and UCLA, but killing them in impressive fashion

[TABLE=class: lines, border: 0, cellpadding: 5, cellspacing: 0, width: 512]

[TR]

NCAA Football 2015 NCAA National Championship

Sat 11/22 12:00PM

NCAA Division I Championship Game - AT&T Stadium - Arlington, TX - January ...* [/TR]

[TR=class: linesFuturesRow]

[TD]Alabama[/TD]

[TD] +275[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Oregon[/TD]

[TD] +400[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Ohio State[/TD]

[TD] +550[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Florida State[/TD]

[TD] +650[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Baylor[/TD]

[TD] +800[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]TCU[/TD]

[TD] +800[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Mississippi State[/TD]

[TD] +850[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Georgia[/TD]

[TD] +3000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]UCLA[/TD]

[TD] +4500[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Mississippi[/TD]

[TD] +5000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Arizona State[/TD]

[TD] +10000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Arizona[/TD]

[TD] +30000[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I agree Kinger. Winning games in sports and being undefeated in a major conference is just horrible. Probably should take the whole SEC over FSU since they are the best teams CFB HAS EVER SEEN.

Bama needing OT to beat shit LSU or Bama needing a missed XP to beat Arkansas doesn't count

Ore losing at home as a 21 point favorite doesn't count either.

But the defending champs taking everyone's best shot with late wins is just terrible

I agree Kinger. Winning games in sports and being undefeated in a major conference is just horrible. Probably should take the whole SEC over FSU since they are the best teams CFB HAS EVER SEEN.

Bama needing OT to beat shit LSU or Bama needing a missed XP to beat Arkansas doesn't count

Ore losing at home as a 21 point favorite doesn't count either.

But the defending champs taking everyone's best shot with late wins is just terrible

Not the whole SEC....just the top four.

cee you know im not even an sec guy. I would argue all the time with pat mcirish over at eog for years when he would suck off the entire sec every year calling them the best by a mile. But yes i do think the SEC has a few teams better than FSU and i think going through an SEC west schedule with 1 loss is more impressive than going through FSU's schedule with 0 losses, unless you are absolutely murdering everyone on your schedule which obviously FSU is not

But of course they deserve a spot in the playoffs with 0 losses and it will get proven on the field. Right now my top 4 for the playoffs would be Bama, FSU, Oregon and Miss St. in whatever order. Only thing Id make sure is Miss St/Bama dont play each other in the semis, give them each new opponents

One of the big complaints from people for why Bama should be number 1 is because of how "dominant" they have been in the scores of their games. I was just eluding to the fact that for a team that has been dominant, they haven't seemed that great away from home - a 14 point win over Tennessee, a 1 point win over Arkansas, a loss to Ole Miss, and a 7 point OT win over LSU. Yet, when FSU squeaks by on the road against the likes of Louisville and Miami, everyone is ready to say how much FSU sucks for not destroying them because they are "bad".

Me personally, I want to see how Alabama does against a team that can throw the ball (FSU, Oregon, Baylor, TCU) because there aren't many (maybe any) good passing teams in the SEC.

If you really feel FSU is better than bmaa, why dont you start saving your money now and we can post up however much you want and if they face each other ill take bama and you take fsu

If you really feel FSU is better than bmaa, why dont you start saving your money now and we can post up however much you want and if they face each other ill take bama and you take fsu

.... The words "I think FSU is better than Bama" never appeared in any of my posts. I have been arguing that when looking at Alabama's schedule, they haven't been anywhere near as dominant as everyone claims they have been this year. Take out the blowouts over FAU & Southern Miss and the curb stomp of A&M, and all of a sudden the rest of their games don't seem like games that the other team had no chance against. They beat WVU by 10, UF by 21, Ark by 1, Tenn by 14, LSU by 7 in OT, MSU by 5, and lost to Ole Miss by 6.

The thing that annoys me is Bama gets all kinds of praise for surviving against some "amazing" teams like Arkansas and LSU. Yet when FSU survives against teams like ND, Miami, Clemson, and OK St., FSU is criticized for barely beating these "awful teams"

.... The words "I think FSU is better than Bama" never appeared in any of my posts. I have been arguing that when looking at Alabama's schedule, they haven't been anywhere near as dominant as everyone claims they have been this year. Take out the blowouts over FAU & Southern Miss and the curb stomp of A&M, and all of a sudden the rest of their games don't seem like games that the other team had no chance against. They beat WVU by 10, UF by 21, Ark by 1, Tenn by 14, LSU by 7 in OT, MSU by 5, and lost to Ole Miss by 6.

The thing that annoys me is Bama gets all kinds of praise for surviving against some "amazing" teams like Arkansas and LSU. Yet when FSU survives against teams like ND, Miami, Clemson, and OK St., FSU is criticized for barely beating these "awful teams"

The best part about the Alabama team is that the defense has really come around. Offense in pretty average overall with a couple big time playmakers in cooper and yeldon. I think they deserve the #1 spot from watching them and some of the other top ranked teams this season although it is a bit of a tossup with no clear cut #1.

cee you know im not even an sec guy. I would argue all the time with pat mcirish over at eog for years when he would suck off the entire sec every year calling them the best by a mile. But yes i do think the SEC has a few teams better than FSU and i think going through an SEC west schedule with 1 loss is more impressive than going through FSU's schedule with 0 losses, unless you are absolutely murdering everyone on your schedule which obviously FSU is not

But of course they deserve a spot in the playoffs with 0 losses and it will get proven on the field. Right now my top 4 for the playoffs would be Bama, FSU, Oregon and Miss St. in whatever order. Only thing Id make sure is Miss St/Bama dont play each other in the semis, give them each new opponents

I would agree there.

My whole point is the NCAA never cared about SOS until they began sucking off the SEC in the recent years. Bama played Penn St and all division 1-AA teams in 2011 and 2012. But every team in the SEC gets a pass since the SEC is BEST LEAGUE THAT WORLDS EVER SEEN. I remember Mack Brown scheduling all Division 1-AA teams back in the day. Pretty sure USC did this too.

Basically every team that's not SEC related is gonna have SOS questions from now on. I mean FSU played #5 ranked ND. Okie St was ranked too at one point. Those teams are a lot tougher to beat than 1-AA. And they still receive all this outrage.

ESPN has been caught cheating ranking SEC teams with fake numbers too so they can look better. Saw a screen shot of it mid season was funnies. Notice how the Jameis WInston being cleared of autographs was in the bottom corner in small print. But when he was accused he was front page and all caps? ESPN has been doing this all year. SEC guys in trouble and it's small print back of the page. Other guys in trouble front page news and OMG OMG

I would agree there.

My whole point is the NCAA never cared about SOS until they began sucking off the SEC in the recent years. Bama played Penn St and all division 1-AA teams in 2011 and 2012. But every team in the SEC gets a pass since the SEC is BEST LEAGUE THAT WORLDS EVER SEEN. I remember Mack Brown scheduling all Division 1-AA teams back in the day. Pretty sure USC did this too.

Basically every team that's not SEC related is gonna have SOS questions from now on. I mean FSU played #5 ranked ND. Okie St was ranked too at one point. Those teams are a lot tougher to beat than 1-AA. And they still receive all this outrage.

ESPN has been caught cheating ranking SEC teams with fake numbers too so they can look better. Saw a screen shot of it mid season was funnies. Notice how the Jameis WInston being cleared of autographs was in the bottom corner in small print. But when he was accused he was front page and all caps? ESPN has been doing this all year. SEC guys in trouble and it's small print back of the page. Other guys in trouble front page news and OMG OMG

Nailed it.

ESPN is about as unbiased as Fox News is.....

Alabama will be #1 so you don't want to get in as a 4 seed. Big Advantage to being 2 or 3

Eh, Bama would be favs over anyone else in the country but they certainly aren't miles better than the other top teams. Not even one of the three best Bama teams of the past 5 years imo

And gotta beat them eventually.anyways

I dont think Mississippi state is deserving of bing in the top 4.they beat a decent Auburn team and a shit lsu team that a BIG 10 team wisconsin almost knock off.Id put Michigan State over Mississipi state.

Michigan state would need about 10 teams to completely fold up their programs to get into the playoffs. They aren't even in the conversation

Ohio St, maybe