NBA Free Agency

rjt

Tons of top players are going to be underpaid now considering the max.

What would Lebron get with same cap, but no max?

Same cap? Id guess around 50 M

If there was just a soft cap like mlb hed get way more than that with how much value he brings to a franchise (how much did Cavs sink in value without Lebron? Im not even talking about on court, think Forbes had them a few hundred million less valuable after he left)

But top guys in the nba have been underpaid for a while now. When you have Lebron, KD, Russ, Steph (well steph is WAY underpaid but even when he gets the max he will be) etc all getting the same max as Conley, Demar, Whiteside, Beal etc somethings wrong with the way things are done 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barely.

MLB players have it the best.

Without question didnt argue against that.

Think i saw after Luck got the biggest deal in NFL history he still would have been the 29th highest in MLB only? MLB guys clean up although NBA is close now at least in annual salary

Biggest thing MLB has going over NBA though is no restrictions on 1) salary and 2) length of deal. So Stanton goes ahead and signs a 13 yr 325 M deal and its all guaranteed. Max an NBA guy can do is 5 years and that has to be with whoever has his current rights

My response was just to illustrate it wasnt like hangover was portraying it with NFL not putting the big money they make back into the salaries, they wouldnt get away with that. But instead of paying 15 guys to complete a team and really only 5 guys that start and 3-4 that play any sort of important minutes NFL teams are paying 52 players with 22 starting and probably like 40ish playing important snaps

Though Cuban was much smarter...jackass should sell the team and stick to Sharks.

Dont you talk up the GS owner/management as geniuses?

They were going to give Barnes the same exact contract if KD didnt go to GS. They were gonna match but KD chose them so they didnt need to.

Would have been funny having three top 15 players in the nba in Steph, Dray and Klay and Barnes would have been by far the highest paid guy on the team 

by comparison zaza is better than mozgov who just got 64 mil

lol didnt think about that....I would take Zaza over Mozgov 10/10 times

I have no idea what the Lakers are doing....its like they are signing players that will help them tank again while being able to tell the fans that they tried by spending money

lol didnt think about that....I would take Zaza over Mozgov 10/10 times

I have no idea what the Lakers are doing....its like they are signing players that will help them tank again while being able to tell the fans that they tried by spending money

Think they lose their pick to Philly unless it falls in the top 3

Deng makes them a little better so they probably win 35 games and lose their pick.  And dumbest part of their deals this offseason is they keep giving out 4 year contracts instead of saving cap space for the future

Think they lose their pick to Philly unless it falls in the top 3

Deng makes them a little better so they probably win 35 games and lose their pick.  And dumbest part of their deals this offseason is they keep giving out 4 year contracts instead of saving cap space for the future

Mitch Kupchek/Jimmy Buss going out with a bang

Zaza had a very solid season in dallas last year he will be a good fit with GS. I tend to agree that you can argue that he is better than Mozgov

Mavs effectively trade Zaza for Bogut. Andrew has avg 70 games per season past three so it's a clear win for Dallas