Can we have a points system?

hels

Look at SBR, they have made a killing with their pizza points. I remember I was a lurker back in 2009 and my only reason to register and post was to get points. The system had just started and there wasn't pizza gift cards yet but I figured more points = more cred. Of course that was dumb thinking but when the points could be traded for pizza I was over the moon.

In the 1vice $500 thread boat mentioned you need at least 50 posts to enter. Why not create a points system where you enter contests by using your points. TGF could give this a trial run and if it is successful they could start offering other prizes for points. These could be small freeplays at sponsor books or something. If that works then you could further expand into prizes (gift cards/pizza etc.).

Guest boatboatboat

Its being discussed hels.

We are really working here. Foot is hammered to the floor.

5 days in so far.

Lot more work to do for sure.

GLAD YOU ARE HERE WITH US!

Its being discussed hels.

We are really working here. Foot is hammered to the floor.

5 days in so far.

Lot more work to do for sure.

GLAD YOU ARE HERE WITH US!

Good to hear boat.

I truly think that a points system that has benefits will attract users. As long as the moderation stays strong and the drama is kept out it could really work.

If the point system was something like this

10 points for logging in daily

2 points for each post (maximum 10 points/day)

1 point for liking a thread/post (maximum 1 point/day)

1 point for posting in a subforum (maximum 1 point/day)

Contest entries could vary by benefits of contest but people who log in daily and make at least 1 post/day would be able to play in all contests.

You could also make a points wagering forum (sorta like juice free) where posters could bet with each other via points. We love betting so it would take off IMO.

dont tease us kinger tuckman was saying that at the other forum and it never come about. i hope it does here love me some pizza points

Did Tucker say that? I guess he was blowing smoke.

Boat is trying to work something out where he can make something happen. Maybe he'll get it done, maybe he'll fail... but if anyone can make it happen-- Boat can.

Look at SBR, they have made a killing with their pizza points. I remember I was a lurker back in 2009 and my only reason to register and post was to get points. The system had just started and there wasn't pizza gift cards yet but I figured more points = more cred. Of course that was dumb thinking but when the points could be traded for pizza I was over the moon.

In the 1vice $500 thread boat mentioned you need at least 50 posts to enter. Why not create a points system where you enter contests by using your points. TGF could give this a trial run and if it is successful they could start offering other prizes for points. These could be small freeplays at sponsor books or something. If that works then you could further expand into prizes (gift cards/pizza etc.).

https://translate.google.com/

Degenerate to English... Translate...

This might be thinly veiled but lemme suggest something that would be good for TGF but really I just want another website to get some shit for free from.

If we can do something like it' date=' but not attract any of the backwash... it'd be good. [/quote']

That would be impossible. But it's the only way to have a big forum. Not sure how much money forums make, but if SBR owners are making good money from the forum, then it'd be worth the headache, but if they are only making "enough" each...why deal with the BS, or don't deal with the BS and let the forum run wild with no rules.