List of email addresses and passwords posted online?

KingRevolver

Cloudbet sent me this today... :scratch  Any of you get it?

Hi Revolver

At Cloudbet we take your security and privacy very seriously. As part of our routine monitoring, we discovered a list of email addresses and passwords posted online. While the list was not Cloudbet-related, we know that many customers reuse their passwords on multiple websites. Since we believe your email addresses and passwords may have been on the list, we have assigned a temporary password to your Cloudbet account out of an abundance of caution. If you had 2-Step Authentication enabled, your password has NOT been reset.

If you did not have 2-Step Authentication enabled, you will need to reset your password when you return to the Cloudbet site. To reset your password, click "Forgot your password?" at the top of any page on Cloudbet.com. After you enter your email address, you will receive an email containing a personalized link. Click the link from the email and follow the directions provided.

Your new password will be effective immediately. We recommend that you choose a password that you have never used with any website.

We also highly recommend that you also enable Cloudbet's 2-Step Authentication, a feature that adds an extra layer of security to your account. In addition to entering your password, 2-Step Authentication requires you to enter a unique security code during sign in. To learn more about 2-Step Authentication, go to Cloudbet.com, go to My Account, and click Account Settings, and then click Enable 2-Step Authentication.

Sincerely,
Cloudbet security

Neteller: In May 2010, the e-wallet service known as Neteller suffered a data breach which exposed over 3.6M customers. The breach was not discovered until October 2015 and included names, email addresses, home addresses and account balances.

Compromised data: Account balances, Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, IP addresses, Names, Phone numbers, Physical addresses, Security questions and answers, Website activity

jesus fking christ

If this is your first time being pwned, you are lucky.

The only way to avoid it in the future, where it will not affect you across the entire internet, is to use a password service that assigns a different password to each site that you have a username/email address.  The passwords generated are crazy long.  

Therefore if a site gets hacked, the username/email address & password they obtain will not allow them to get access to any other site that you have the same username/email address. 

What if they hack your email?

If you use a password manager, they will not be able to hack your email.

One of my email address was hacked years ago and they sent 1000's of spam messages to all my contacts and to other email addresses in less than a minute.  

I looked at the SENT box and everything sent was all sent within 1-2 minutes.

password managers are a double edged sword

you are only as secure as their weakpoint

and if data is breached it's 100X as worst because they access all the data you have stored for various sites with them

2+2 had a good security thread posted a long time ago

password mangers still probably better than default action for 95% of people though

Let me ask you internet wizzes this: is there a service to sit on a domain name (that will expire soon) and have them acquire it for you,one that is taken now but I dont see the owners renewing and could be worth some $? I know it has to be done very fast just wondering

Also interested

Let me ask you internet wizzes this: is there a service to sit on a domain name (that will expire soon) and have them acquire it for you,one that is taken now but I dont see the owners renewing and could be worth some $? I know it has to be done very fast just wondering

Cyber squatting is frowned upon and often illegal. Since you're basically using their brand/name/whatever to profit.