Sleazy move by Bovada

Hedge

I made a golf bet for Top 10 finish @ +2500 for $50, and got a message in my account that it was a line error.  No problem since the event doesn't tee off until tomorrow morning, so they just cancel it right?  No, they insist on reinstating the bet at the "corrected" price of +1000.  I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with them tonight trying to cancel it, because I don't want their price. No dice, I'm stuck with the adjusted price tomorrow.  Shit move by a supposed A rated Book. As I understand the bad line rule, bets are always canceled prior to start time and adjusted only if the event has already started.  Not so with Bovada as they seem to think it's ok to give you whatever new line they want at anytime.

i would also add, always check your bets before game time

i made that mistake tonight, no idea why but 2 of my soccer bets got cancelled and i ended up losing 1000 on the other side, thought i was covered but ended up 1 sided

ride dirty always

Wondered that MM when you were talking about the hot dog wagers the other day. 

If you end up getting buried if shops cancel on ya. 

yeah it has happened to me a couple times, and of course the other side won

once a A shop canceled a couple bets 10 minutes into the game, that pissed me off

not even stuff i would consider bad lines, just +120 when others were at +100... moves to -120 so they cancel

"golden rule" - they hold the gold (account balance) so they make the rules

What should line have been? +1000?

According to Bovada yes. I figured fair value at around 15-1 and felt 25-1 was somewhat +EV and worth a play. Their price of 10-1 is -Ev and not worth it. The key point again is that the event doesn't start for several hours and should be voided anyway. What the price should be is moot as the

Bet has to be canceled, at least by every book making practice I have ever encountered.

If you book it, it's action. That seems... well you know what it seems for them to void it.

If you book it, it's action.

That's fine by me--if they honor the original price of +2500.  What Bovada wants to do is declare it a bad line, which gives the right to cancel the bet but not to change it to some line they now feels it correct.  Proper protocol is to void a bad line wager, notify the client of it and allow him to  rebet it at the new odds if he so chooses.  Bovada is wrong to force the client to accept a bet he wouldn't  otherwise have made.

should have just cancelled the wager and put money back in account....try another rep ...first one could just be ESL candidate

I talked to two different people last night, the second being the wagering manager. I'm stuck with the bet at their new odds.