If you had Manhattan +5 2H...what a bad beat

Guest ChrisHarvard

Guest ChrisHarvard

UMASS looked to win the game by 2 or 3 points and those bumbling idiots choked the lead away and gave up a thunderous DUNK on defense with 0.08 seconds left in the game. No doubt that play will be on SC.

They covered the game but if Manhattan would have just gone quietly they would have covered the 2H too instead of getting blown away in OT.

edit: I guess Manhattan didn't cover the game either (+8) or push at best? I had UMASS 2H only and consider it a miracle they went to OT and covered.

yeah for the game it was even sicker

+8 and they blow it in ot, even the end of ot manhattan had a ton of chances to cover and were only down 4 with 50 seconds left...

then to really make it disgusting, manhattan misses a shot right at the end and decides to foul with 3 seconds left, down 7

wtf are you going to accomplish by fouling with 3 seconds left down 7???

Guest ChrisHarvard

Yeah if Manhattan would have just gone quietly they cover both halves, and the game.

And for much of the game it looked like Manhattan would win S/U.

And UMASS gave them so many dumb fuck plays, basically tried their very best to give the game away to Manhattan but eventually turned it on in OT.

I spent all game swearing that I didn't pull the trigger on Manhattan +8. When it went to OT I said UMass was going to end up covering the game line, and that last minute went EXACTLY as I predicted prior to it happening.

Absolutely brutal beat for anybody on Manhattan and a good free lesson for me on why I need to avoid this stupid sport. Absolutely zero reason for Manhattan to foul down 7 with 3.2 seconds left, but college hoops has the dumbest athletes of any sport we can gamble on and it shows up regularly.

I spent all game swearing that I didn't pull the trigger on Manhattan +8. When it went to OT I said UMass was going to end up covering the game line, and that last minute went EXACTLY as I predicted prior to it happening.

Absolutely brutal beat for anybody on Manhattan and a good free lesson for me on why I need to avoid this stupid sport. Absolutely zero reason for Manhattan to foul down 7 with 3.2 seconds left, but college hoops has the dumbest athletes of any sport we can gamble on and it shows up regularly.

yeah it will drive you crazy when you see mubaka salinor clank 6 of 7 free throws when you really need it

Guest ChrisHarvard
happens all the time in college bball

i remember i had kentucky a decade ago -13.5 and it was lucky to get into OT. then in OT scott padgett went bananas and scored like 15 pts and i won the game

Kolzig not like this.

There was 0.08 on the clock.

Guest ChrisHarvard

Kolzig, in your opinion does baskets has more officiating bad beats than the NFL or college?

For me, it's a resounding NO. Football officials are the toughest to beat.

As in any sport, you can cap a game correctly but you can never correctly predict the officials.

i rage on officials all the time. they make a dickhead call and i get an urge to find out who they are in real life and burn down their house

but really make a little chart on times they do you good vs times they do you bad and it will end 50/50

i think it was theseer who said he never watches the games cause of the refs

Guest ChrisHarvard

Kolzig I always enjoy our conversations and you're insight.

You could choose to post nothing at all...spew bullshit and hate... all the while never mentioning sports or gambling. But you don't.

You're making a contribution. You're talking about fucking gambling. Not your cigar, not your pizza, not how to clean your garage....

Even if you're completely right or completely wrong, you're contributing.

Guest ChrisHarvard

No way, I gave that up when you did.

Kolzig, you'd be surprised. There are some fucking assholes on TGF that could not make a play if their life depended on it.

I never say their names. They are trolls....so I just don't do it.

Kolzig, some guys on this forum don't really give a shit about sports.

They post for entertainment.