Would anyone be interested in an NFL 33 pool?

IAG

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't fully understand.......if you get 16 players, how much is the pot in week 1?

I've never done it with 16, only 32. I've been in many throughout the years, but have never run, one so I will have to check the numbers on the pot. Of course it depends on how many weeks somebody goes without hitting 33 and if more than one team hits in a given week. If it works out better to throw a little more in so that an even number pot is given each week then we will do that, but I haven't run numbers until I see how many people were interested.

I'm in the middle of some things right now, but will look at numbers in next day or so for both scenarios.

If it works like I'm guessing it does then why not ask for $106 from each of the 16 players so the min pot every week would be $100

We must have done $170 entry with 32 players because every week the pot was $320...and rolled each week there was no winner. Pods can get pretty large pretty quickly that way.

Will need to scale for entry number, and not sure we will find enough people who want to put out $170. Like I said, I'll figure it out next couple days but trying to gauge interest. Tedddy are you in? I am always playing all your contests. And I voted your buddy 50 Cint over at EOG When you came to hustle boats over at SP or GL. Be a pal pal.

And will start sending now so might even be paid in full before the season starts....

Though I don't want to play unless u get 16 players

Yeah we will have to get to 16. If you want to PayPal me now and weekly or whatever, it's fine and if we don't get enough people I'll refund your money. I will have to figure different weekly pot amounts based on the diff scenarios, ...will have those in the next couple days. Some people may not want to play at $170..even if they are getting two teams.

Can't you guys find a better pool than this one?     This is one of the worst one there is...

I'd be interested in the skill based one. 

Hahaha what a dick thing to say.  

No one is forcing you to be in this contest, or preventing you from joining/starting others.

"Let's all check with Gabe before we start a fun contest, make sure it meets his criteria for being skill-based."  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Hahaha what a dick thing to say.  

No one is forcing you to be in this contest, or preventing you from joining/starting others.

"Let's all check with Gabe before we start a fun contest, make sure it meets his criteria for being skill-based."  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

yeah, odd. I plan on being in many other contests and pools, that sometimes it's nice to have one you don't have to think too much about.

If I had a vote I'd say new teams every week. Can't imagine getting stuck with some shit team like the bears offense every week but good with whatever is decided

You have a vote. The only reason I was reluctant to do it last year, is because I didn't want to figure it all out myself, but that "run your pool" site will assign random teams if that's what we choose to do, so will be no problem.