OT: Does driving a Mustang make you look toolish?

KingRevolver

Yes. You will look like a tool.

And to all the people telling Kinger "Who cares? If you like it, buy it."

Kinger is in his 30's, balding, and single. The last thing he needs to do is look like a tool driving a Mustang. Throw that into the mix, and there is zero chance he ever finds a decent chick under 200 pounds.

sharp post.

Mustang drivers wear ambervision sunglasses and think their car can go really fast.

You need to buy a

nissan 350Z or a

Corvette

Legendary Iowa coach Hayden Fry and his influence on the Ford Mustang.........

I had heard about this before, but this weekend (at the Letterman's Fish Fry), Coach Hayden Fry confirmed this story to me:

In 1963, Coach Fry and his SMU Mustangs played a game at Michigan. They were huge underdogs, but gave Michigan a heck of a game, before losing a close game.

After the game, Coach Fry is in the locker room talking to his team, when one of his assistants comes to him, and says that there is a gentleman who wants to speak to him.

So, Coach Fry goes over and that gentleman who wanted to speak to him was.....Lee Iacocca. Iacocca was then, one of the top executives for the Ford Motor Company. Iacocca told Coach Fry, that he and his group were so impressed with the way the Mustangs had played that day, that they had made up their minds, that they were going to name a new model of Ford car.......the Mustang.

So, the reason the Ford Mustang is called that, is because of Hayden Fry and his '63 team.

Also, Ford Motor Company sold Coach Fry the very first Mustang ever made for $1. (Coach said they had to charge him a $1 for tax reasons).

By the way, I asked him if he still has that car, and he said that he wished he did, but "no."

My friend let me drive her 2012 Stock Mustang Convertable.I was driving with 3 chicks in the car an the top down on i I-96 and i got next to a BMW and flagged him and we hit the gas coasting about 60mph and i got that car with the top down 135MPH and smoked the BMW Mustangs even stock now a days fucking hall ass and get up and go quick.That was the fastest ive ever been in my life and 135mph is fuking fast specially with the top down.

respectfully disagree about upgrading, buying a 60k mustang is silly, you can get a corvette or something with a much better interior for that. spending 60k and then still have the cheap plastic interior of a mustang? i would rather have the "girly one" that still has more than enough power at 300hp and keep the rest of the cash, how often is someone really going to use the extra horsepower, probably about 10 times and they're out 30k. so every time your in the middle of nowhere and rev up that engine and let it go it costs you $3000 :smiley-laughing001:

But Mike if you got the money why not? plus a corvette can not carry a tune to the 5.0... I dont think any car guy would get a car for the interior....

But Mike if you got the money why not? plus a corvette can not carry a tune to the 5.0... I dont think any car guy would get a car for the interior....

yeah if you have money to burn then i totally agree with you. if it's a single person and choosing an everyday car between something boring like a honda accord, or a base mustang, why not get the mustang? a lot more fun and better looking imho

last mustang gt i had was around 20 years ago when there was a lot more difference between the lower end and the 5.0 (i think they had a 4 cylinder back then with 105hp lol).

i drove my neighbor's shelby, it is so sweet, but hell even the low end new ones are so good compared to those junkers in the 80s/90s