Could the Kentucky Wildcats beat the Philly Sixers in a seven-game series...

KingRevolver

Guest ChrisHarvard

The general public are "sports experts", the guys you meet at bars and buffalo wild wings that probably never wagered one dollar in their life on sports.

The experts that don't know what vig/juice is.

These are the "experts" we see posting shit on FB, commenting and voting on ESPN.

Sixers sweep and blow them out every single game. I'd take Sixers -20 in a heartbeat

Silly question people always ask. A pro team will always kill a college team. Always. Worst NBA team of all time is still miles better than the best CBB team of all time

Even Coach Cal laughed off this question when he heard it being talked about. Said any NBA team would absolutely bury his Kentucky squad

basketball is one of the few sports where 1 talented player can and does take over an entire game.So if there was one sport that a college team could compete with the pros it would be basketball.and due to rules such as charging and other penaltys that punish contact it starts to take away the strength advantage.Non like football you can full on %100 engage.

Jimmy Johnson has stated multiple times on record thate he believes his

Miami (FL) Cane teams of the mid-late 80's would have beaten the Cowboys team he inherited his first year.

This os not me saying this or agreeing with him, I dont. But he IS one of the greatest football coaches, college AND pro, in football history so he knows a lot more about football than any of us. He has stated this on the record repeatedly.

I do think basketball is a sport where it could-conceivably-happen. And dont forget, I believe it was the orioles a few years ago lost to a college baseball team in a spring training game. Straight up lost the game.

So it is not out of this world impossible. The sixers are ridiculously bad, they are not an NBA caliber team. UK looks likeh e could be the best college hoops team of the past 10-15 years with literally 9-10 first round draft picks next year. It COULD happen.

Yeah thats a real good coach teling his players they cant compete at a PRO level.No wonder they wont cover that massive spread the kentucky kids feel like sht now.

No he just isn't retarded and knows that any pro team would beat the living shit out of ANY college team

I'm sure Cal knows he has NBA talent on his squad. Im sure he has told the kids if they work hard and do what he asks them to do he will do everything possible to get them all into the NBA, but that doesn't mean they can compete with NBA guys NOW

Most of the UK kids could have very bright NBA futures, but that is the FUTURE. Very few of them you could throw onto an NBA team right now and have them be productive. At best a few could be role players. Towns might be the best of the bunch and could start for an NBA team right now. Rest would be bench players and most would not even find minutes. Even someone as amazing as Anthony Davis and top college guys from last year like Parker and Wiggins don't step in and dominate the NBA right away. There is a growing period. And you grow from playing the game with men every day, working at your game EVERY DAY in practice where basketball is all you have to worry about. And nobody on UK is as good as Davis, Wiggins or Parker

Cal isn't in the business of spreading stupid hyperbole about his players. He keeps expectations realistic. The kids need that. If cal went along with the NBA talk and he entertained the questions and the idea that Kentucky might go undefeated it's almost impossible to have that not go to the kids heads.

Guest ChrisHarvard

UK struggled with the Boston Celtics...I mean, Boston U.

Philly might win by 70 per game, lol. Basically USA basketball vs most other countries (not spain or france).

I'd consider taking KY +20 or more at home if they play by college rules. A shorter game (40 min vs 48) and longer shot clock could keep the game from getting really ugly. Plus the 76ers would likely get some traveling calls that are usually ignored in the NBA. Also, I think Philly would pull starters if up big, giving KY a shot at staying w/i the spread.