Are the Cowboys Better With Just Dumping Romo

maron

I still think its a tad early to crown Prescott as a lock to take over and be ready now to lead the Cowboys. He has played great this preseason but one would think a season of seasoning and learning ropes behind Romo would be a pretty good route. 

I think the Cowboys would probably be better served to keep Romo one more season and the evaluate Prescott heading into next season and then potentially look at making a full time move to him then. He is likely to get hurt at some point this season anyway which will give cowboys more of a look at Dak when it is for real. 

If he's so bad, why do they have to dump him to an AFC team?

I am not saying he is bad...just that he is so gimpy that it is very improbable to get a complete year from him...

to AFC because I think older school and you dont trade players in your own division

Nothing to do with Prescott....team is always in limbo with Romo getting hurt....

I think you could say every team is in limbo as to their starting QB getting hurt as backup QBs are pretty slim talent wise around the league.  Sure he has been a bit more injury prone of late then most but what do you do if you cut him?  Then you have to go to Prescott so he has to figure into that decision somehow. 

If he isn't the golden child he seems to be in preseason then your pretty much dead this season. With the o-line they have and potential running game do you want to waste a season of that by not having a vet QB back there whether he gets hurt or not?  Just don't think it's worth the move now unless you're pretty sure Prescott gives you a better than average chance at the playoffs and just don't think anyone has seen enough of him to make that call. 

I think I get what you're saying that the limbo of Romo injuries hurts the Cowboys but I don't think it is enough of a negative to cut a guy who when healthy is your best option at making a serious run.

While every team might well be in limbo, the perpencity and history of Romo getting hurt every year makes him a higher risk than the ordinary bear.......

If he cant make it to the end of the year then might as well embrace change right now and get on with a new era...IMO

I think you could say every team is in limbo as to their starting QB getting hurt as backup QBs are pretty slim talent wise around the league.  Sure he has been a bit more injury prone of late then most but what do you do if you cut him?  Then you have to go to Prescott so he has to figure into that decision somehow. 

If he isn't the golden child he seems to be in preseason then your pretty much dead this season. With the o-line they have and potential running game do you want to waste a season of that by not having a vet QB back there whether he gets hurt or not?  Just don't think it's worth the move now unless you're pretty sure Prescott gives you a better than average chance at the playoffs and just don't think anyone has seen enough of him to make that call. 

I think I get what you're saying that the limbo of Romo injuries hurts the Cowboys but I don't think it is enough of a negative to cut a guy who when healthy is your best option at making a serious run.

He's a pretty athletic guy. He still moves around pretty well. There is some luck involved in injuries. He's got big guys falling on him. The only thing they can do is ride it out with him and try to have a quality backup. They seem to have given up on the backup thing after all the money they have wasted.