Can Stephen Curry win the MVP award this year?

KingRevolver

Very unlikely. Lebron still the favorite. Cavs have lots of time to turn it around and his numbers should still end up being off the charts ridiculous

If it doesn't go to LBJ/KD then I would put anthony davis, griffin, harden and even possibly Gasol or LA as more likely winners than Steph

Very unlikely. Lebron still the favorite. Cavs have lots of time to turn it around and his numbers should still end up being off the charts ridiculous

If it doesn't go to LBJ/KD then I would put anthony davis, griffin, harden and even possibly Gasol or LA as more likely winners than Steph

This is absurd.

1. Lebron

2. Davis

3. Griffin

4. Curry

That will be your order of finish, and really I'd take Curry over Griffin but the people that vote on this thing love double-doubles.

Curry should absolutely be in the conversation. If 'fun-to-watch' played into the conversation he'd run away with it. His game is so smooth and enjoyable that I happily watch Golden State games without having a dollar on them.

He can pass, shoot, and drive/kick better than any player in the league, including Lebron. When he comes around a pick the defender *has* to respect his 3 point shooting because he's the best in the league and that allows him to wrap it right around to his big in the lane whenever the defender guards too tight or to dribble penetrate and then try for the layup/get-fouled and/or dish it.

If he had a few less turnovers he would be rated even higher but watching him play a turnover or two a game comes from his teammates not even expecting the ball that gets thrown to them from him.

He's also obviously a weak defender, and that hurts him on the MVP front (and the reason why I think Lebron and Davis will and are probably more valuable).

As an NBA fan though he's simply awesome.

lol

You also said Mark Jackson was a great coach. You can't have it both ways, pal.

He is a good coach and will land somewhere else. Kerr is an upgrade though. Go back and check eog pal i was one of the only people backing Kerr while everyone else was trashing him pointing to his stint with phoenix as a gm (and saying he is overpaid for someone with no exp)

only downside of kerr coaching this year is not having him as an announcer. probably my favorite announcer for basketball

If tripp is gonna get any credit for supporting the Kerr hire I want in on it because I've LONG said that Jackson was an idiot and Kerr would and will make a great coach.

In today's NBA you only need to be able to coach offense and convince millionaires to play defense for a few minutes at a time in order to end up looking like a genius. Kerr can and is doing that.

I do miss him on TNT though.

i think curry is a pretty popular player because of his time at davidson and people in general just love scorers above all else

If theres one guy who would have a hard time because of popularity it would be Marc Gasol. He is a top 10 player and having an MVP type season so far but he wont get the love since he doesnt post monster scoring numbers and is possibly even less flashy than tim duncan. Can score, pass and defend all at a high level though and leading his team to the best record in the nba

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...