Trump doesn't pay taxes?

Everfresh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is worse--taking deductions to which he is entitled due to faulty tax code, or deleting 33,000 emails and lying about it while serving as public official?

There's a lot to criticize about Trump, but I don't get the obsession with his taxes..at least as far as his tax liability is concerned.

Which is worse--taking deductions to which he is entitled due to faulty tax code, or deleting 33,000 emails and lying about it while serving as public official?

There's a lot to criticize about Trump, but I don't get the obsession with his taxes..at least as far as his tax liability is concerned.

Everyone deletes emails from time to time.

A president of the United States who doesn't feel he has to pay income tax is definitely problematic

I went into these debates being somewhat pro Trump, but this has pushed me into voting Libertarian

You're not serious.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

I was an on the fence Trump supporter until his pathetic performance last night.  Now I will waste my vote voting Libertarian (I am an ex pat living in CR atm)

As regards this email horsecock, I know a red herring when I see one.  FFS, everyone deletes emails.  Government server or home brew server, none of them are secure, in fact her home brew was probably MORE secure than the Gvt servers.  Yahoo just admitted to a 500,000,000 email user breach, of course she should be using home brew

Who here would refuse to take deductions to which they are entitled?

Taxes are necessary for society to function

If im wealthy i absolutely 100% refuse to take loopholes to get out of paying taxes. theres a moral side to it, not simply about business

Hell i dont even need to be wealthy, if im lower middle class im not trying to pay 0 tax. Thats taking away from education, healthcare, national defense, social programs, infrastructure etc Its pretty much the same as finding a loophole to fuck over a charity 

If im wealthy i absolutely 100% refuse to take loopholes to get out of paying taxes. theres a moral side to it, not simply about business

Hell i dont even need to be wealthy, if im lower middle class im not trying to pay 0 tax. Thats taking away from education, healthcare, national defense, social programs, infrastructure etc Its pretty much the same as finding a loophole to fuck over a charity 

I agree and I would add that I don't think it's unreasonable to hold a presidential candidate to a higher moral standard in this regard than your average Joe Citizen.

Taking loopholes, cutting corners and other technically legal ways of cheating the system do not, in my opinion, present a presidential candidate in the best moral light

Agreed, but the problem is in the tax code...do you think the Clintons don't take advantage to the extent they can? I don't know many who don't try to reduce their tax liability by any legal means. When I file in October, I will be looking for all deductions possible and hopefully get some of the large check I sent in April back. I would be more interested to see if his savings on taxes are filtered to private charities who should be the safety net anyway imo. I'm guessing no, but watching the way the US government spends Fed tax dollars doesn't exactly motivate people to pay more than their obligated amount.

The wealthy should pay their fair share, but I guess I can't fault a businessman for taking advantage of what is there. if you would tell your accountant to not take measures to lower your taxes. good for you,seriously, and you probably have the right frame of mind, but I just don't think you are in the majority of people who would do that. I'm sure Trump thinks he is contributing by creating jobs, possibly charity? etc.

Agreed, but the problem is in the tax code...do you think the Clintons don't take advantage to the extent they can? I don't know many who don't try to reduce their tax liability by any legal means. When I file in October, I will be looking for all deductions possible and hopefully get some of the large check I sent in April back. I would be more interested to see if his savings on taxes are filtered to private charities who should be the safety net anyway imo. I'm guessing no, but watching the way the US government spends Fed tax dollars doesn't exactly motivate people to pay more than their obligated amount.

The wealthy should pay their fair share, but I guess I can't fault a businessman for taking advantage of what is there. if you would tell your accountant to not take measures to lower your taxes. good for you,seriously, and you probably have the right frame of mind, but I just don't think you are in the majority of people who would do that. I'm sure Trump thinks he is contributing by creating jobs, possibly charity? etc.

The issue here is that you're not dealing with "a businessman" per se,  you're dealing with a candidate for the presidency of the USA, and as such they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of the citizenry.  HC released her tax filings, DT won't for whatever reason.  I'm not speculating here, but he all but admitted he pays no personal income tax when questioned last night and that it would be "squandered anyway"  This single high handed, entitled response pretty much eliminated him as a candidate I would consider voting for.  Are we to believe that social services, the military, the environment, the judiciary etc etc are areas that tax he should have paid to support would instead be "squandered"?

Do you think someone like Ron Paul would have responded that way?

The issue here is that you're not dealing with "a businessman" per se, you're dealing with a candidate for the presidency of the USA, and as such they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of the citizenry. HC released her tax filings, DT won't for whatever reason. I'm not speculating here, but he all but admitted he pays no personal income tax when questioned last night and that it would be "squandered anyway" This single high handed, entitled response pretty much eliminated him as a candidate I would consider voting for. Are we to believe that social services, the military, the environment, the judiciary etc etc are areas that tax he should have paid to support would instead be "squandered"?

Do you think someone like Ron Paul would have responded that way?

Ron Paul supports zero Federal income tax.

http://www.ronpaul.com/taxes/

Trump pays millions in taxes.

Property

Fica

Fica

Workers comp

Sakes

On and on

Millions

Workmans comp isn't a "tax." It's the price of doing business.

I get what youre saying, but income tax is a different animal.

Guys like Buffett willingly pay more than they have to because of a moral obligation in his opinion. That's the type of standard a presidential candidate should be held to. A man of the people.

Creating jobs. Jfc. Jobs that he stiffs on.

Nothing more annoying than that..

People who work EARN their living. It is not given to them by the wealthy.

Middle class wage in this country has been stagnant for 30 years while ceo pay has gone up over 1000%. The rich aren't giving out more jobs or higher pay with the money they save in taxes. Theyre putting it in their own pocket.

i really dont know anyone that enjoy paying taxes i have not enjoy it the last 5 yrs here

CK--how do you manage to ignore the fact that Trump stiffs contractors?

Great story on twitter today from a guy named Stephen Walsh---said Trump stiffed him on an IT job, told the guy to be a man, accept he is not paying him because it would cost the guy more in lawyers fees than the bill.