Have you been nominated to do the ice bucket challenge?

WVU

Guest ChrisHarvard

Are all these people doing this actually donating money to ALS? Everyone on FB is posting videos of themselves completing this great accomplishment. Just wondering what the average donation is.

Got "nominated" by an old lady, didn't do it, claiming I donated to charity instead. (Actually donated to Cancer Society since there are plenty of other good charities out there as well)

That it took a bunch of social media attention whores doing a dumb thing like dumping cold water on their heads during the hottest month of the year to raise money for a bitch of a disease is a depressing story on the state of our society.

Generally speaking, I dont give to beggers, and I dont like being manipulated, no chance i would do it. It may as well be dont change your underwear for a month or give money away...I dont like those choices.

Plus the really sad thing is that some people really think that somehow their money is gonna save the world(or cure als).

Got "nominated" by an old lady, didn't do it, claiming I donated to charity instead. (Actually donated to Cancer Society since there are plenty of other good charities out there as well)

That it took a bunch of social media attention whores doing a dumb thing like dumping cold water on their heads during the hottest month of the year to raise money for a bitch of a disease is a depressing story on the state of our society.

Exactly. Try this promotion in the winter time and make it the "polar bear plunge" instead. Since when is pouring a bucket of cold water over your head in the summer any "challenge". Unless, of course, you actually have ALS.

From my understanding when you are challenged you have to either donate $100 or dump a bucket of ice water on your head and donate $10. Easy choice for most. You also have to challenge at least 3 other people to do the same in your video
Sounds like a friggin pyramid scheme to me.