Wow. Green Bay is so bad right now.

Sol Aristatel

Marcus Mariota keeps showing he should have gone No. 1 over Jameis Winston

The dazzling second-year quarterback is approaching greatness.

Mariota was 19-for-26 for 295 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions. The 47 points were the second-highest total for any team in a full game, the most scored against the Packers since 2008. It's the third straight 30-point game for the Titans (who also had 26, 28 and 30 in their three previous games, respectively).

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/marcus-mariota-keeps-showing-he-should-have-gone-no-1-over-jameis-winston-111316?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SI.Com On Titans: Defenses don’t know what's coming....

Rodgers praises TN offense

“I love it,” Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers said earlier in the week, via The Tennesseean, after watching Tennessee’s offense. “I love it that there’s still those schemes out there, just to watch them on film a couple times we’ve gotten a chance to. I love the different formations, especially when they had Henry and Murray in the backfield at the same time and doing misdirection stuff.”

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/13/tennessee-titans-green-bay-packers-marcus-mariota

Chip Kelly would still be coaching the eagles if he would have pulled the trigger and traded up for him....

Thank god the former GM didn't trade him it was about the only right thing he did his whole tenure as GM there. The new GM the Titans have now has made a lot of improvements in his short time including trading the number one pick for all those extra picks. In fact the Titans have 2 first round picks in 2017.

That performance yesterday by the "entire 53 man roster" was a fucking abomination. If I was the GM I would have told the entire team, including the coaching staff to walk home. No charter flight home. Find your own way back to Green Bay. That defense made the Titans look like the 2001 Rams.

Something is really fucked up with this team. Rodgers has AIDS or he got caught BLOWING McCarthy in the locker room shower. Something drastic occurred for this team to be playing like this

That performance yesterday by the "entire 53 man roster" was a fucking abomination. If I was the GM I would have told the entire team, including the coaching staff to walk home. No charter flight home. Find your own way back to Green Bay. That defense made the Titans look like the 2001 Rams.

Something is really fucked up with this team. Rodgers has AIDS or he got caught BLOWING McCarthy in the locker room shower. Something drastic occurred for this team to be playing like this

As a long term fan the Titans were pretty good from 1999-2011 they had 7 winning seasons,6 postseason trips,3 division titles,2 years with league best record, 2 AFC title appearance and 1 Super Bowl appearance.

From 2012 through 2015 the Titans had a bad stretch due to picking a bad GM and a bust at QB. In 2015 the outgoing GM chose QB Marcus Mariota and the team finally had its QB then a few months later ownership picked a new GM formerly of New England who has been phenomenal in the draft and free agency in his short time in TN so far.  This team is not Cleveland,Jacksonville,Buffalo,Los Angeles,etc. who they get compared to due to the last four years of losing.

2016 offseason new GM rebuilt offense: First three weeks the team and Mariota were learning the new offense and starting in week 4 things started to come together. Titans have a young long term starter at QB,A stout offensive line thats one of the best in the league,best RB in NFL besides Zeke Elliot in Demarco Murray,top TE in NFL besides Gronk in Delanie Walker and a young group of promising WR in Wright,Sharpe and Matthews who has scored the most TD by WR since week 5.

2017 offseason GM will focus on defense:Already built the defensive line what needs work is the linebacking and secondary groups. Judging by his success rebuilding the offense the defense will look better next year no doubt.

Below is what Titans have scored each week since week 4

at Houston  20

at Miami  30

vs. Cleveland  28

vs. Indianapolis  26

vs. Jacksonville  36

at San Diego  35

vs. Green Bay  47

35 point first half by Titans vs Packers most points scored by any NFL team this season in first half.   Most given up in half by Green Bay since 1986 to Phil Simms and the Giants

Over the last 6 weeks, Mariota is 1st in TD passes, 2nd in QB rating (119.0), 4th in completion %, and 5th in Yards averaged.

Over the last 6 weeks, the Titans have led all of NFL in scoring. 202 points.   2nd place in scoring not close 171.

Titans are 6th in total offense and 8th in scoring for 2016.

Marcus Mariota accounted for 4 total TDs (pass and/or rush) Sunday. No player in NFL history has more 4-TD games in 1st 22 NFL games

Titans have scored a TD on 76.7% of their trips into the red zone (23 of 30). That's the best in the NFL.

Marcus Mariota has a 111.8 passer rating over the last 5 weeks, 4th-best in the NFL behind Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan

For those that say Mariota has a problem with turnovers at times here is a comparison of QB's in their first two years.............

Each one got the turnovers under control i expect Mariota to do so as well.

Brett Favre.... 37 INT  26 FUM  63  TOTAL
Peyton Manning.... 43 INT  9 FUM  52 TOTAL
John Elway...... 29 INT  20 FUM  49 TOTAL
Tom Brady..... 26 INT  23 FUM  49  TOTAL
Troy Aikman......... 36  INT  11 FUM  47   TOTAL
Marcus Mariota...... 24 INT  23  FUM   47  TOTAL
Derek Carr........ 25 INT   20 FUM  45 TOTAL
Cam Newton.......... 29 INT  15  FUM  44  TOTAL
Andrew Luck........... 27 INT 16  FUM  43  TOTAL
Aaron Rodgers............ 20  INT  20  FUM   40  TOTAL

Also there is nothing like being a true long term diehard fan of an NFL team. If you are you have been through many ups and downs no matter who you support.............

Most Seattle fans were overjoyed when they won the Super Bowl after all the long term fans went through hell in the 1990's they were the worst team of the decade. Since 2003 they've had ten postseason berths and played in two Super Bowls winning one.

Green Bay sucked in the 1970's and 1980's but ever since 1992 have only had two starters Favre and Rodgers and have had many winning seasons as well as being in three Super Bowls winning two.

Arizona went through some tough years from 1988 through 2006 but ever since 2007 the Cards have done very well with Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer as starting QB. They've been to a couple NFC title games and a Super Bowl. They got lucky with Keim as GM and Arians as coach.

Cincy was another team that was one of the worst of the 90's dealing with 14 straight non winning seasons before turning it around in 2005 now they make the postseason nearly every year.

As for myself living in Tennessee we didn't have a team when i was growing up so i mainly supported the Raiders. Well imagine how excited i was to learn in 1999 we were getting a revamped NFL team with a new name,new uniforms,new stadium,etc.  Better yet i really grew to love Steve McNair and Eddie George.

I'll never forget that first season 1999 the Tennessee Titans had as long as i live. The Music City Miracle one of the best plays and game finishes in the history of pro football. We also beat Indy. We were 13-3 and made the Super Bowl we were one yard short of tying the game.

In 2000 the Titans were 13-3 and had the league best record and won our division. Remember how everyone said the 2000 Ravens was one of the best defenses of all time?   Well the Titans were ranked 1st that year in defense and Ravens 2nd. We lost in a killer postseason game to the Ravens where we outgained them in total yards but made two bad turnovers.

In 2002 we were 11-5 won our division and beat Pittsburgh at their place in the postseason and lost in the AFC championship to the Raiders.

In 2003 we were 12-4 and beat Baltimore at their place then in one of the coldest games ever we lost 17-14 to the Patriots at their place in the divisional round in the bitter cold.

In 2006 we were 8-7 and all we needed was to beat New England last game of the season to make the postseason but fell short 40-27.

In 2007 we were 10-6 and made the postseason but lost to San Diego at their place with Vince Young at QB.

In 2008 we had a 13-3 record,best record in the NFL and won our division the year we drafted Chris Johnson at RB and had a lethal unstoppable Albert Haynesworth on defense. Again the Ravens beat us 13-10 in the postseason in what shouldve been a title year.

In 2009 we were 8-8 but could've been 9-7 and in the playoffs but our new return man Ryan Mouton muffed two punts and that gave the Jets 14 points and the Jets won barely.

In 2011 we were 9-7 with Matt Hasselbeck at QB and should've been in the postseason but lost tiebreakers to the Bengals who were also 9-7.

2012 new GM Ruston Webster drafted QB Jake Locker,from 2012 through 2015 both sucked at their respective positions. Webster couldn't put a good roster together and Locker couldn't QB worth a shit.

So from 2012 through 2015 i had to watch for four long years while my team struggled due to lack of talent and a piss poor QB.

What sucked was having to watch your team lose games after years of being one of the winningest teams.

The good thing in 2015 is we finally drafted a good QB Marcus Mariota AND we finally got a top notch GM Jon Robinson that can discover good talent.  One thing i learned years ago you have to have either a good QB,good GM or both to win. If your QB and GM both suck chances are your team is bad as well.

The first thing GM Robinson did after he was hired was sign Demarco Murray and that decision looks awesome as Murray is second leading rusher right now. Next he beefed up our offensive line signing Ben Jones another good decision. After that bringing in WR Rishard Matthews who is leading all NFL receivers in TD's the past 5 weeks.

Finally he traded TN number one pick for a boatload of draft picks that included OT Jack Conklin the best right tackle in football,RB Derrick Henry who has looked good being backup to Murray,NT Austin Johnson looks good in limited action,S Kevin Byard is looking like one of the best players on the defense,WR Tajae Sharpe has been great for a fifth rounder,G Sebastian Tretola looks to be good depth for the offensive line and finally CB's Leshaun Sims and Kalan Reed who have not played much but are getting action on special teams. Not bad at all for his first year.

What i'm looking forward to is the 2 first round picks that the Titans have for the 2017 draft.

Titans QB Marcus Mariota's career red zone numbers are off the charts..........

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Marcus Mariota came into the league with a steady pulse rate and a preternatural calm about him.

Those don’t change when he leads the Tennessee Titans' offense inside the 20-yard line, and that's not the case for many young quarterbacks.

On a shrunken field, operating with less space, Tennessee’s second-year quarterback has been especially good. It’s perhaps the surest sign, among many right now, that he has a big future ahead of him.

Only Detroit’s Matthew Stafford, who’s in his eighth year, has done better work in the red zone since Mariota came into the league.

Mariota has a 116.3 passer rating, with 30 touchdown passes, no interceptions, a completion percentage of 65.4 and has taken just two sacks.

“He’s a very patient kid,” said former Steelers, Jets and Titans quarterback Neil O’Donnell. “It’s hard to rattle him. He has a way of slowing down the game, which helps in the red zone.

“That’s hard to teach. It's a instinct, like going against full-court pressure in basketball. Some players want the ball in their hands, others do not want to touch it.”

Mariota certainly wants it and thrives with it.

“I think it just comes down to the coaches have done a great job week-in and week-out, preparing us for the red zone,” he said. “Everyone's making quick decisions. Everyone is communicating, identifying what we're seeing.

“It's resulted in a lot of good plays. If we could continue that going forward, there's always an emphasis of taking care of the football. You're in a range of scoring points and you don't want to lose that.”

Mariota has the second-most fumbles in the NFL since the start of the 2015 season with 17. But only one of them has come inside the 20-yard line.

Twenty-one quarterbacks have thrown more passes in the red zone during Mariota’s career, partly because he missed four games his rookie year, and partly because the Titans weren’t there often enough as they struggled, particularly last season.

The Titans have started scoring more touchdowns from outside the red zone, though, so a smaller percentage of their scoring plays are coming from close range.

This team is confident about a lot right now. Mariota's decision-making on the field's most valuable real estate is at or near the top of the list.