Rito - when you starting 2h cbb totals?

brokerstip

should have waited now up to 154

amazing how they keep betting over no matter how high it gets

just imagine how good a bet is when the total (rutgers) gets steamed under in this market?

someone thinks they know something, this keeps going higher and higher. I thought i got a bargain at 151.5, i guess we'll find out shortly

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone thinks they know something, this keeps going higher and higher. I thought i got a bargain at 151.5, i guess we'll find out shortly

Denver's new coach (C. Billups younger brother) says they are going to run non stop even if the players suck at it.  

Seeing a Denver total in the 150's after the last few years is pretty funny though.   Using last years stats I have it at 126

Denver's new coach (C. Billups younger brother) says they are going to run non stop even if the players suck at it.

Seeing a Denver total in the 150's after the last few years is pretty funny though. Using last years stats I have it at 126

Do you throw out year prior numbers in ncaab with coaching changes? I always have but curious what you do.

In this case Denver isn't built to run but if they do run and suck at it that actually helps for high totals due to high turnover numbers and increased possessions.

With the player turnover the sport is already hard to use last year's numbers but with coaching changes I find it nearly impossible.

Do you throw out year prior numbers in ncaab with coaching changes? I always have but curious what you do.

In this case Denver isn't built to run but if they do run and suck at it that actually helps for high totals due to high turnover numbers and increased possessions.

With the player turnover the sport is already hard to use last year's numbers but with coaching changes I find it nearly impossible.

Yes, for totals especially I generally lay off for a few games if the coach is new.  I'm not real good with subjective adjustments so I usually want wait till I have some in season data.  Sometimes if they have a decent consistent history like the nutjob at the Citadel last year who came from VMI it's easier to figure out.

When getting into the subjective stuff with new coaches, the other thing to remember is that about 99 of every 100 new coaches talk about how they want to play more uptempo, pressure, play a fun style of basketball, etc.  It's like in football, where 99 out of 100 new hires talk about the attacking defense that they'll bring in. 

They actually played a little quicker tonight than I expected.  Luckily, more possessions just meant more chances for San Jose State's offense to show how brutal they are.

When getting into the subjective stuff with new coaches, the other thing to remember is that about 99 of every 100 new coaches talk about how they want to play more uptempo, pressure, play a fun style of basketball, etc. It's like in football, where 99 out of 100 new hires talk about the attacking defense that they'll bring in.

Good point. I saw somewhere Vandy coach who took over for Dixon at Pitt said they would push,players said he was pushing pace in scrimmages.Dixon loved to play slow .

Good point. I saw somewhere Vandy coach who took over for Dixon at Pitt said they would push,players said he was pushing pace in scrimmages.Dixon loved to play slow .

And yet what happens when Dixon gets to TCU?

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article112531557.html

Up-tempo offense: Although Dixon has a well-deserved reputation for building strong defensive teams, players insist he has installed an offensive system that will be far more up-tempo than the structured approach TCU used the past four seasons under predecessor Trent Johnson.

“It’s real fast. We get into our offense real quick,” Williams said. “We get a rebound and we’re out of there.”

And yet what happens when Dixon gets to TCU?

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article112531557.html

Up-tempo offense: Although Dixon has a well-deserved reputation for building strong defensive teams, players insist he has installed an offensive system that will be far more up-tempo than the structured approach TCU used the past four seasons under predecessor Trent Johnson.

“It’s real fast. We get into our offense real quick,” Williams said. “We get a rebound and we’re out of there.”

haha, dead on