If penn state beats wisconsin

Smoke

If they allow OSU to get in (I think they do) then it undermines all their bullshit that winning a conference championship is the most important thing.  They would be going against the very reason they left teams out in the past (Baylor, TCU).  But Ohio State is a big draw and they will do what will make the most money all other things being equal.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they allow OSU to get in (I think they do) then it undermines all their bullshit that winning a conference championship is the most important thing.  They would be going against the very reason they left teams out in the past (Baylor, TCU).  But Ohio State is a big draw and they will do what will make the most money all other things being equal.

and the ncaa argument for leaving out baylor/tcu was that they didn't have a conference championship game, even though it was only because the ncaa didn't allow them to have one  :laugh

so not playing well enough to get to a conference championship game is better than not being allowed to have one  :flag

im playing NCAA FOOTBALL 2014 on ps3 and im in a similar position. i need northwestern lose its final game so that i can get into the title game against ohio state. but i really want northwestern to win to that i can just play my bowl game, finish in the top 10 of the nation and get to a better school next year

i want no part of OSU

post of the day

If they allow OSU to get in (I think they do) then it undermines all their bullshit that winning a conference championship is the most important thing. They would be going against the very reason they left teams out in the past (Baylor, TCU). But Ohio State is a big draw and they will do what will make the most money all other things being equal.

That was a predictable move, I don't think they just went with the big name, but I thought they'd do the most gutless thing possible and that was electing to avoid making a decision on tcu/osu. Ohio st had no business being in but humans tend to be pussies. 12 of them? Why decide when you can just give it to Ohio state. Not a chance they suddenly thought Ohio st was just more deserving than Both, they just went soft and rewarded scumbag urban.

That was a predictable move, I don't think they just went with the big name, but I thought they'd do the most gutless thing possible and that was electing to avoid making a decision on tcu/osu. Ohio st had no business being in but humans tend to be pussies. 12 of them? Why decide when you can just give it to Ohio state. Not a chance they suddenly thought Ohio st was just more deserving than Both, they just went soft and rewarded scumbag urban.

or that scumbag barry alvarez rigged the big 10 championship to have the FAVORED badgers lose 59-0 to get more money for the big 10

can anyone please name me another football game where a favorite lost by that much

IMO, more likely than not the big "10" champ gets left out

of course

the odds say it's a long shot that wisconsin or penn state gets in

i hope winner gets in (i'll be at the game) but it's a long shot, not even close to a "cinch" when michigan has a better chance of winning national championship than wisconsin

ODDS TO WIN 2016 - 2017 NCAA F CHAMPIONSHIP ALABAMA     ODDS-152

20K USD NO PARLAY/NO BUY

CLEMSON     +700

MICHIGAN     +1966

OHIO STATE     +240

OKLAHOMA     +3344

OKLAHOMA STATE     +10000

PENN STATE     +5700

WASHINGTON     +989

WISCONSIN     +2781

Ohio St deserves in more than Penn St imo

Conf champion should matter, but shouldnt be the only decider. Id personally take Michigan over Penn St/Wisc also, but Ohio St has the easiest argument pro with only 1 loss

Ohio St has to be a lock at this point. Bama/Ohio St the only locks. Clemson/Wash the other two in if they can win.