rdalert447

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fri 1/20/16

Race 5

$20 WIN #2 Johannesburg Smile 12-1

Some very nice back class on this 10 year old. Only run twice for Chatterpaul since the claim, and was vs much tougher than in here. Layoff is a concern, but if any of that class is left in this animal AND it's healthy, it should be able to handle this claiming field. Also playing a $2 exbx 1-2. $24 bet.

Race 6

$20 WIN #9 Ganador 30-1

Another old timer trying to regain some old form. Was competitive in Allowance races all 2015 in NY, then tanked in a claimer off a long layoff. Hoping he needed that one and will be more competitive today. Barker blows up the board here every now and then and I haven't been able to catch him....yet. $20 bet.

Race 7

$20 Win #9 Union River 15-1

Owner Sulley moved this one from the underachieving Sciacca to the sharp Parx trainer Farro. Definite upgrade so good enough for me. $2 exbx keying 9/1,5. Interesting jockey carousel with the 1, the 5, and the 8(SCRATCHED). $28 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #1 Moondance Joy 6-1

Back when Galluscio died, Winning Move shipped some horses to Klesaris and had some really good success. Then they stopped giving him horses for whatever reason. Now they show up together, first off the claim. An old Winning Move staple. Adding a $2 DD 1/4,9,11. $26 bet.

$98 in action, chasing $1224

Sat 1/21/16

Just playing the two Levine horses today, for his lower keyed owners. Hopefully one of these bad angles starts clicking as I'm fast approaching my shut down figure of $2,000. Good luck to anyone playing today.

Race 2

$20 WIN #5 Sabrina Ballerina 7/2

Race 9

$20 WIN #3 Luckybuck Syndrome 12-1

$40 bet

3-71, -$1322

Sun 1/22/17

Race 2

$20 win #2 Persky's Spirit 10-1

One of these days, this horse is gonna make an easy lead and never look back. Unfortunately, I'll need it to be around 80-1 to recoup past wagers on it. Guess I'll settle for the 15-1 we should get today.

Race 8

$20 win #2 Disco Chick 8-1

I love mid Atlantic form shipping in to NY, especially when there's some Parx lines sprinkled in, regardless of what Serling et al have to say.

$40 bet

3-73, -$1362

Gl Rd, you're due and I'm not tailing today so you've probably got a winner in one of them. Been getting drilled by the ponies so I'm taking a week off til the Pegasus.

Aquaduct has been hard but I forgot until this past week just how hard Oaklawn is. Keep me far away from that place. Gulfstream the only track in the last 3 months I've been able to tread water at.

Thu 1/26/17

Race 3

$20 WIN #4 Light the Vow 4-1

After a stellar Saratoga meet, the Baker barn took a predictable down swing at Bel and Aqu through the end of 2016. He's had two winners here since the New Year, so looks like he's back to playable mode. When his barn is rolling, I want to be on board. Encouraging that he's not dropping this 0 for 10 maiden or shipping him to Finger Lakes. Also a $2 DD 4/3,5 and a $1 P3 4/3,5/ALL. $38 bet.

Race 4

$20 WIN#5 Clairvoyant Lady 15-1

Parx and Mid Atlantic form has performed well all meet, with Lynch, Reid, and Linder pulling upsets and Farro and Serey hitting the board multiple times at big prices. Boxing with the other Mid Atlantic form for $2, 3-5. $24 bet.

Race 7

$20 WIN #8 His Girl Friday 15-1

New to Ferraro's barn after a long layoff, threw in a clunker early Jan. Ferraro brings her back off short rest so it's an automatic $20 for me. Expecting her to go right to the lead, and if she falters today look for her to wheel back in 14 days or so. Backwheeling in Ex for a buck. $27 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #7 Burn Control 10-1

More Parx form for the super sharp DeMasi. Serling picks it on top, so the Parx form secret might be out, since he is a serial Parx shit talker. $20 bet.

$109 bet, chasing -$1200(4-75)

Fri 1/27/17

Race 4

$20 WIN #7 Verdant Pastures 10-1

I think the Baker barn is about to go on a tear after a quiet Belmont and Aqu Fall. He has two in here, so I'll box them both for $2, 6-7. I lean to this one for the win bet because it ran great first out, then was bet heavily the next two times. Burnt a lot of money, so now they'll be off the scent. Owned by Paolangeli, who was really prominent in NY until main trainer Galluscio died. He's been mainly at Finger Lakes now, but had one here yesterday that almost won at 15-1. Maybe he's coming back full force? $24 bet

Race 5

$20 WIN #7 No Tanx Blue Chip 4-1

Levine has two in here, but side with the one he owns, rather than the Repole entrant. Tanx has bounced around from Levine to Rudy for Valente, now back to Levine outright. Figure he gets it to win now that he owns it. Boxing both in an $2 ex 1-7, and playing a $1 P3 1,7/5/1,3,5. $30 bet.

Race 6

$20 WIN #5 Johannesburg Smile 6-1

Hoping Chatterpaul can get to this horse's back class. I don't expect him to be running in NY Bred stakes again, but can see him being a useful, hard knocking, 10 year old claimer.

Race 7

$20 WIN #3 Cinderella El Crome 5-1

First try in the Morrison barn off a long layoff can be forgiven. One more chance for this under the radar trainer. Keying in an $2 ExBx 3/1,5. The 1 has Parx form, which has been competitive this meet, and the 5 is from the previously mentioned Baker barn. $28 bet.

$102 bet, chasing $1308(4-79)

Sat 1/26/17

Race 2

$20 WIN#3 Momma Giovanna 8-1

Sticking with Levine for less prominent owners, in this case himself, like yesterday's winner. Looks like Levine picked her up privately, then layed her up for 9 months. Layoff is a concern, but if she shows speed like last out, she might get loose at a price. $20 bet.

Race 6 $20 win#2 Sunset Samurai 30-1

Ferraro off short rest is an automatic twenty for me. I like how he pulls a three bagger with this one: quick wheelback, bump up to Special Weights, and dumps a well known jock(Garcia) for a guy that's usually shining wheels at the Elmont Car Wash. Backwheeling for a buck, ALL/2. $31 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #3 Giantinthemoonlight 30-1

Baker has three W's since Jan 1, so now's the time to get on board. I can forgive his first attempt in the Baker barn off the king layoff. It's interesting that this one is not up for the claim, while his more logical and consistent #4 Cowboy Cal is available for $40k. Boxing them both for $2, 3-4. $24 bet.

$75 bet, chasing $1078(6-83)

Sun 1/29/17

Race 6

$20 WIN #7 Pretty Enuff 10-1

This horse has been on an amazing run since owner Valente moved her from Levine to J Englehart. It won six in a row, mostly claiming races, but really showed she belongs at this level the last two out. Funny thing is the morning line guy keeps listing her at generous odds. The one bad thing is the horse is probably due for a rest, but hopefully Englehart can squeeze out one more big effort.

Race 7

$20 WIN #4 Bree's Got Heart 4-1

Parx trainers have done well all winter here. This one doesn't have the Parx form that I'd prefer, but she's a NY Bred so it makes sense that she's been running here. Reid has already pulled a big upset here this winter, hoping for a minor one today.

$40 bet. GLTA.

6-85, -$1133

Thu 2/2/17

Race 3

$20 WIN #6 Natalie Victoria 8-1

First try off the claim for Ferraro. More importantly, off short rest. Also playing a $2 DD 6/2,4,5. $26 bet.

Race 4

$20 WIN #5 Adirondack Posse 12-1

I know Metivier is sharp and sneaky, and I've bet a bunch of his horses over the last year or so, but somehow in the last six months I've missed his $100, $62, and $42 winners! I think it's because I haven't found any clear angles from him. I noticed both times this horse has won, it was off layoffs of 20 days and less(for Contessa). Today Metivier tries it for the first time, off a 17 day rest. $2 exbx 5/2,4. $28 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #2 Delay of Game 8-1

McLaughlin off long layoffs is something I always look for. It really enhances his prices, especially when he uses a lower tier jockey on them like today. He pulled this move opening week of Sar on a Godolphin horse(like today) and it paid $40. Not bad for such a "public" trainer. $20 bet.

$74 bet, chasing $1173(6-87)