OT: Anyone here make money delivering food for Postmates or DoorDash?

KingRevolver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to hate this shit.

Two reasons:  

A lot of apartment/condo deliveries.  Getting there is not a problem, but once you're in the complex it's not that easy to find some of these apartments, especially at night.  You'll find yourself running in circles.

Mall or outdoor mall orders.  HORRIBLE because it's hard to find a parking spot.  The second to last order tonight was at an outdoor mall.  I couldn't find a parking spot... I had to park away from the mall and run to the damn restaurant.  

Guest ChrisHarvard

Heck, drive in to the freaking mall like blues brothers if you can!

Get as close to that MF as possible.

Again, EFF EVERYBODY.

You have to understand this very simple concept to succeed.

If you make any money, get a man's vehicle like an old bronco or like the freaking 85' yota Michael J Fox had in back to the future.

You have no guts and you have a wussy girl car.

Those are the two things holding you back from success right now, IMO.

Actually that reminds me. About a month and a half ago I order a pizza online. Punch in my card # and add a tip since I had no cash.

Guy gets here and after handing my gf the pizza at the door he says "Just wanted to let you know there was no tip included " I yell from the couch I did tip and he left. Later went back and checked and for some reason it wasn't included.

Next day go into the place and see the guy and say "hey buddy sorry about that , you were right I didn't tip" and throw him a $20. Owner of the place who I've known for like 25 years goes fukkkkkin ballistic !!! Starts tearing this guy a new asshole about how he can't believe he pointed out to me I didn't tip. I told him if was no problem at all and I'm glad he said something. He was ready to fire this guy but thankfully calmed down.

I didn't consider it rude or pushy at all. Guy simply pointed it out. Didn't say "hey you cheap fuck where is my tip?" All he said was "no tip was included "

What is your guys take on it? Out of line or no big deal?

I don't know- but I wouldn't have pointed it out.

That's part of the business. If you don't want to get stiffed then get another job.

I don't like it, after doing it for three days... but it is what it is...

Thankfully, I don't rely on this for a living.

Doordash fucks there own drivers by the way they work the tips from what I can see

When I go to Starbucks and pay with the app on my phone. If I want to tip, I have to go back in after I pay and add the tip.

They should make it so the tip is there when you pay

That's why you're getting stiffed pal

Stick with the electrical

Leave the food delivery to pieces of trash like Landers

Guest ChrisHarvard

Gotta go with the RUNNER here, once again.

Unless you have felonies and tattoos on your freaking face, I don't know why you got in to this. For laughs I guess.

And now you're quitting. Well, you gave it a good run.

Actually that reminds me. About a month and a half ago I order a pizza online. Punch in my card # and add a tip since I had no cash.

Guy gets here and after handing my gf the pizza at the door he says "Just wanted to let you know there was no tip included " I yell from the couch I did tip and he left. Later went back and checked and for some reason it wasn't included.

Next day go into the place and see the guy and say "hey buddy sorry about that , you were right I didn't tip" and throw him a $20. Owner of the place who I've known for like 25 years goes fukkkkkin ballistic !!! Starts tearing this guy a new asshole about how he can't believe he pointed out to me I didn't tip. I told him if was no problem at all and I'm glad he said something. He was ready to fire this guy but thankfully calmed down.

I didn't consider it rude or pushy at all. Guy simply pointed it out. Didn't say "hey you cheap fuck where is my tip?" All he said was "no tip was included "

What is your guys take on it? Out of line or no big deal?

Out of line for you to do that in front of his boss. What did you think his boss would think? Doesn't matter that you have known the boss for years. I know you meant well but common

Out of line for you to do that in front of his boss. What did you think his boss would think? Doesn't matter that you have known the boss for years. I know you meant well but common

Come on, guy. You really think I intentionally said it in front of him? Of course not. It was more like I got excited the driver was actually in the restaurant and said "you were right!" And I handed him the $. Boss asked HIM the story. I agree I put him in bad spot but wasn't intentional. .

Come on, guy. You really think I intentionally said it in front of him? Of course not. It was more like I got excited the driver was actually in the restaurant and said "you were right!" And I handed him the $. Boss asked HIM the story. I agree I put him in bad spot but wasn't intentional. .

Obviously the guy saw something was going on. Be more discreet with the 20 spot is all I'm saying. You asked what we thought. I told you what I thought.