OT: Anyone here make money delivering food for Postmates or DoorDash?

KingRevolver

Would Postmates drop you if you showed up an hour late and her food was cold? Grab her order. Go home. Throw it in the freezer for 40 mins then drop it off

It really doesnt matter if postmates drops him or not. If that lady doesnt ti, then he CANNOT afford to make even one more delivery to her. You really need to inform her on the very next trip (before giving her food) that you work for tips. You get nothing out of the postmates charge whatever that is.

On a side note, I really dont even know how these people can afford to tip a $4 order anyway. Tipping more than about $1.00 for a $4 order is REALLY -EV.

You need to drop this job ASAP! I guess that alot of people think that you get paid from postmates. I know that pizza drivers get about $1.00 per pizza for every one that they deliver without a tip from a customer. You need to deliver pizzas and you will make more money it seems

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesnt matter if postmates drops him or not. If that lady doesnt ti, then he CANNOT afford to make even one more delivery to her. You really need to inform her on the very next trip (before giving her food) that you work for tips. You get nothing out of the postmates charge whatever that is.

On a side note, I really dont even know how these people can afford to tip a $4 order anyway. Tipping more than about $1.00 for a $4 order is REALLY -EV.

You need to drop this job ASAP! I guess that alot of people think that you get paid from postmates. I know that pizza drivers get about $1.00 per pizza for every one that they deliver without a tip from a customer. You need to deliver pizzas and you will make more money it seems

Jesus, calm down... guy acts like it affects him personally.

Yes, Postmates in general is -EV, except for the company... they're raking it in.

The job is kinda fun, actually, but yeah... can't see myself doing this for much longer.

Yes.

Thanks for posting this, total eye opener for me on how cheap people are. I automatically assumed that most would just add $5 tip for the effort. Bunch of lazy brokedick fucks out there.

Who the fuck doesn't throw a few bucks tip on there when someone is delivering their shit for them? Unbelievable.

Thanks for posting this, total eye opener for me on how cheap people are. I automatically assumed that most would just add $5 tip for the effort. Bunch of lazy brokedick fucks out there.

Who the fuck doesn't throw a few bucks tip on there when someone is delivering their shit for them? Unbelievable.

Yup. I'm blown away. Assumed everyone would tip at least Something!!!!

I just counted, and I've had 12 stiff jobs out of 39 orders.  And not once have I ever been late or had a problem with an order.  I give them text updates, and I'm very nice when I hand them the food.  So they're not not tipping because of the service- they're just being cheap.

The thing that gets me is- OK, you don't want to tip a percentage, but why not tip at least $1? That would be an extra $12 from those $1 tips, instead of $0 from 12 people.  The $1 tips would add up over time.  But $0?  Jeez.

And the girl tonight (who stiffed me back-to-back nights) is lucky I'm not a scumbag.  I can see some asshole getting pissed and doing something to orders from some of the stiffs-- I would never do that...

If the payout says $4.10, then that includes what you paid for the food right? What was postmates charge on the order?

Or better yet, lets say that I order $15.00 worth of food from Texas Roadhouse. What would postmates charge be or close to it? And do you get some of that fee automatically?

I just counted, and I've had 12 stiff jobs out of 39 orders.  And not once have I ever been late or had a problem with an order.  I give them text updates, and I'm very nice when I hand them the food.  So they're not not tipping because of the service- they're just being cheap.

The thing that gets me is- OK, you don't want to tip a percentage, but why not tip at least $1? That would be an extra $12 from those $1 tips, instead of $0 from 12 people.  The $1 tips would add up over time.  But $0?  Jeez.

And the girl tonight (who stiffed me back-to-back nights) is lucky I'm not a scumbag.  I can see some asshole getting pissed and doing something to orders from some of the stiffs-- I would never do that...

Door Dash just started for business in Las Vegas a couple days ago, I'm going to order tomorrow night and see how it works.

Still amazed at all the stiff jobs, who the hell doesn't tip something?

If the payout says $4.10, then that includes what you paid for the food right? What was postmates charge on the order?

Or better yet, lets say that I order $15.00 worth of food from Texas Roadhouse. What would postmates charge be or close to it? And do you get some of that fee automatically?

The payout is what I get from Postmates.  I never pay for food.  It's either already pre-paid when I get there, or if a payment is required, I'll use the Postmates Visa.

No idea what their charges are for each order- depends on the restaurant.  Try it out yourself to find out.

OK now I see why you are not getting tipped. I didnt know that you were getting $4-7 just from postmates. I thought that you only worked for tips.

Well that explains it right there, the postmates charge is real high on the buyer and they all assume that tip is included or that the driver is already getting enough. You are not doing that bad on second thought if you can average $1.00 tip per call with the big postmates charge.

And I cant try it out around my house as we dont have anything like that around here