The Brock Landers Thread

The X

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier this year Brock used betpoints to get an account started at The Greek. He had a great run in college basketball this year. I don't know what he hit, but it really was a high percentage. He was up BIG. In real dollars now, not points. Then basball season came. And, the grind of gambling every day eventually drained his account. So he borrowed some money from people at work. I don't know how much. He used this money to try and get what he had already lost back. It didn't work. He lost their money as well and took out a car title loan, and also wrote some bad checks, one from the Credit Union-and that account he already closed. Also some more checks that he knew he didn't have the funds to cover. I believe if he can't fix this with the banks he could go to jail. He asked me for a loan of $1,600 before he went on his Washington/New York vacation. I told him I couldn't do it. While on vacation with his family he kept gambling. I tried to keep him aflot with a CFB winner here and there but he played too many games and too many parlays, and favorites, he loves favorites. Sunday NFL football was the nail in the coffin. The Tennessee loss to Denver sealed the deal. He was bust, more than bust, and he sent me a text saying he wouldn't be in Champaign for the football game. He was crying a little and I tried to be there for the guy, I could tell it was a rough time. I told him to try to patch it up with his wife any way he could. Then he said he was still paying off the mortgage from his paycheck and his Dad was going to be really pissed when they came back from vacation especially since the only way he could cash his 401K out was to quit his job. Luckily his wife took him back and though he is not allowed to gamble and probably isn't even allowed to look at his own paycheck anymore, one has to wonder...will Brock Landers be back? Time will tell.

Guy is a savage 

I know we've seen a lot of these lately...but i am here to say i am making my very last post on the board. I don't know what the hell happened in the last month, specifically since Ball St lost on Friday December 5th, but i've been beaten and bloodied beyond belief and had to be bailed out by my family for the last time. its happened before over the years and now its happened again and one result is i need to now get a 2nd job. How the hell i still have a family if one of the great mysteries, i've put them through hell with my gambling and today it stops, or i die, one of the two.

Guys, i'm not telling ANYONE what to do, what i am saying is be smart and carefull, we are all a few bad weeks away from cashing in our chips for the last time. I certainly didn't see it coming, just a month ago i hit a monster play on Northwestern in college football. But thats long gone and then some.

If anyway wants to rip me, so be it, i hold no ill will, even towards an obvious novice as Venditto.

So to JJ Gold, Richie, Nicky Santoro, and all the rest of you i can't remember right now. Take care, its been fun, but all good things must come to an end.

Salud boys!

Earlier this year Brock used betpoints to get an account started at The Greek. He had a great run in college basketball this year. I don't know what he hit, but it really was a high percentage. He was up BIG. In real dollars now, not points. Then basball season came. And, the grind of gambling every day eventually drained his account. So he borrowed some money from people at work. I don't know how much. He used this money to try and get what he had already lost back. It didn't work. He lost their money as well and took out a car title loan, and also wrote some bad checks, one from the Credit Union-and that account he already closed. Also some more checks that he knew he didn't have the funds to cover. I believe if he can't fix this with the banks he could go to jail. He asked me for a loan of $1,600 before he went on his Washington/New York vacation. I told him I couldn't do it. While on vacation with his family he kept gambling. I tried to keep him aflot with a CFB winner here and there but he played too many games and too many parlays, and favorites, he loves favorites. Sunday NFL football was the nail in the coffin. The Tennessee loss to Denver sealed the deal. He was bust, more than bust, and he sent me a text saying he wouldn't be in Champaign for the football game. He was crying a little and I tried to be there for the guy, I could tell it was a rough time. I told him to try to patch it up with his wife any way he could. Then he said he was still paying off the mortgage from his paycheck and his Dad was going to be really pissed when they came back from vacation especially since the only way he could cash his 401K out was to quit his job. Luckily his wife took him back and though he is not allowed to gamble and probably isn't even allowed to look at his own paycheck anymore, one has to wonder...will Brock Landers be back? Time will tell.

Guy is a savage

Oh wow