WTA - (Auckland, Brisbane, Shenzhen)

sleepy

Brisbane and Shenzhen start tomorrow night

notes:

Keys out with injury for Australian part of tour

Azaranka not likely to play this year

Kvitova out until late summer

Vekic in as WC at Brisbane angering many

Shut ins don't go out for new years eve. Will stay in and be in play for the return of late night tennis.

C0roxrqWIAAm0Ca.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brisbane

Cornet -1.5 +166

She had a strong finish to the 2016 season advancing to the semifinals at Limonges. She has owned Vesnina putting up a 4-0 record on the hard courts with all victories coming in straight sets.  Never been that impressed with Vesnina she had a shitty end to the 2016 season getting knocked out in the first round in all three tournaments on the China swing last fall.

Brisbane

Rogers/Bouchard OVER 20.5

Bouchard was about as bad as it comes the last few months of last season getting bounced in the first round in three out of the last four tournaments. I'm sure she will be better this year. Rogers has played her twice with both matches going the full three sets. Rogers matches never come easy and I'm sure this one won't either. I see this one going to as a hard fought match more than likely going the distance.

Think Vika is planning on being back at some point this season, but prob not till later summer at the earliest id guess 

Do you mean Sharapova?

She is eligible to return to the tour in April. If she does not get into the tournament as a WC she will have to play in the qualification tournaments.

Do you mean Sharapova?

She is eligible to return to the tour in April. If she does not get into the tournament as a WC she will have to play in the qualification tournaments.

No Sharapova will be back in late April like you said, once her suspension is over

Vika = Azarenka who is out since she just had a baby, but from previous statements from her sounds like she wants to make a quick comeback. Had the baby a couple weeks ago, wouldnt be surprised to see her back in August. But no concrete timetable as of now

Shenzen

2-team parlay 100 to win 64.48

Halep -335 / Niculescu -375

Halep has won the last six matches against Jankovic. I just don't think at her age Jankovic can put up much of a fight here.

I saw Zhang play Veckic in that match were Veckic had the 19 double faults and played like absolute trash and still won. I can't imagine a savvy veteran like Niculescu losing to her.

Amazing how much better these bitches do  when I quit watching.

Niculescu loses the first set looks like shit and the proceeds to get broken to start set #2

I'm like fuk this shit and turn it off

at that point she proceeds to basically win every point and take the match

Auckland and Brisbane

Parlay 100 to win 133.12

Osaka -208 / Svitolina -178

Beck didn't do shit against players with power and there are very few players with more power than Osaka.

I think Svitolina has one of the best games on the tour. Just real good in all areas. I thought her service game got better last season. Not known for having a lot of power but she had several aces against Kvitova in that Elite Trophy final. I saw some of her off season workouts and she was doing some really intense shit. She has a new coach and has worked very hard to get better. Puig is a nice player and had that good run in the Olympics but I thought she was a little erratic after the winning the gold medal.