(Video update) TGF Contest no pays????

slyone66

Guest ChrisHarvard
Chrisharvard

Same guy who thinks 1 out of 3 isn't 33.3% hahaha

Fucking moron can't even calculate 1/3

It's not 1 OUT of anything.

It's 1 IN 3.13.

For every 4.13 tickets sold, (1) will win.

Odds are ratios of a player’s chances of losing to his or her chances of winning, or the average frequency of a loss to the average frequency of a win. If a player owns 1 of 4 tickets, his/her probability is 1 in 4 but his/her odds are 3 to 1.

That means that there are 3 chances of losing and only 1 chance of winning. To convert odds to probability, take the player’s chance of winning, use it as the numerator and divide by the total number of chances, both winning and losing. For example, if the odds are 4 to 1, the probability equals 1 / (1 + 4) = 1/5 or 20%.

All told its a shade over 125k in free plays and aprox 20k in cash or prizes the last 3 years in all contest combined that has been awarded..

2k in free plays are 4 weeks late and I agree to pay them in cash, and I am the cheating bassturd stealing free plays from guys.

fuck you BRICK

Staggering numbers. I've been the recipient of many many prizes in boats contests and really appreciate the work he does.

I'll add my comment. 2 years ago I was at the end of a 5 year break from offshore gambling. I started playing in boats contests and depositing offshore once again. Over that period I've won a lot of money but lost a lot of deposits too - which is exactly why books sponsor contests. Ive definitely lost more than I've got in payouts over the last 2 years so I'm the typical sucker these contests are aimed at. It's still been fun. If not for bonus and contests I'd not play offshore. I'm a man.I'm 40 and I know 11>10.

So what am I saying? Nothing. Just that everyone should realize it's not all about them. Players,books,forums all have pros and cons in the contest game. Its a gamble for all sides. There's been a weird vibe around contests here the past few months so I've not played in many. Just relax and have fun boat -you used to seem much happier.

I agree Cuonzo, especially about the weird vibe comment. I have no horse in this race but I understand what some of the objections are. For one thing if you need that kind of disclaimer you might be running contests with the wrong books? I get it, he wants to make sure contestants realize he's not on the hook for anything if they get stiffed. Not an outrageous act if you look at it from his view.

But I also see why some of the more seasoned guys would not like that. Once you been boned a few times from books you get tired of it. To sit back and watch a book run a long contest, get plenty of free exposure, probably post-up money along the way, and the whole time knowing they had no intention of paying out? We've seen it more than once.

It sucks. People like Shrink, SBR, and just about everyone else in the business has pimped out anyone they could for a buck, maybe it looks that's what Boat is doing here if he's using books so bad that he needs a disclosure on the bottom of every post he makes? One thing for sure, I wouldn't be using anyone that I had a serious question about when it came to them paying off contest winners.

Not a Boat fan, he went after me for nothing more than suggesting marketing Don Best on the main page of EOG when SportsOptions was so involved with the forum might be worth taking a look at. That said though he's right about coming to him first. I worked at the RX and nobody wins when a player comes to the forums first. He may think he wins but he does not, the incentive to fix anything from the book's perspective has vanished.

And it's easy to say it should have never gotten that bad from the book, perhaps, but contests do not rate very highly on a books operations. Especially this time of year. When they get bad press it quickly becomes more trouble than it's worth. Either way give the contest administrator a chance to do his work. I didn't do contest complaints, we ran then with solid books, but in regular disputes the player wants his response yesterday, the book wants to talk tomorrow. Just the way it goes, it takes time and patience but it's best to wait it out if you are owed.

My point? Like the guy above me I don't really have one. I don't think anyone is above being questioned though, valid points all around. And none of this is directed to the books involved, I don't even know what books they are, other than poker I don't play in them. But reading the disclosure from the contest administrator I probably won't be posting up at any of those places anytime soon. Not much confidence to say the least. Which of course is one of the ideas behind running these things, getting new sign-ups. Weird vibe? You bet your ass.

Guest boatboatboat

Pat I read your comments and slept on them prior to responding.

You are right.

Policy on stiffed prizes has been adjusted.

As far as I know no other forum has done this.

thanx