Watching a game with non-gamblers

WeinkeToWarrick

Had a dime swing tonight with Bama ML losing for me (I had half my bet on Bama pick em from over a month ago). Brutal.

But almost as bad as the money was sitting with a bunch of friends and having them all root for Clemson and against me because they're non-gamblers and hate to see somebody win money.

Why do non-gamblers all have this psychological need to root against us? They think our wins are cheap and too easy of a way to get money? They obviously don't realize the losses.

I don't know what exactly it is, but it's universal and it pisses me off to no end. I hate most people on these forums for being fucktards, but at least you're gamblers. Fuck these non-gambling assholes

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a dime swing tonight with Bama ML losing for me (I had half my bet on Bama pick em from over a month ago). Brutal.

But almost as bad as the money was sitting with a bunch of friends and having them all root for Clemson and against me

Why do non-gamblers all have this psychological need to root against us? They think our wins are cheap and too easy of a way to get money? s

Seen it, heard it far too many times........asked my bro-in-law who was a psych major in college about it but in his unscientific approach he only offered that they are 'geeks'

But it is annoying as hell, those guys would have rooted for Bama if they thought you had Clemson, really how weird is that? It's pretty much why I keep quite about having money on a game, if I'm out with my best friend who's a degen gambler he likes to be as loud as possible and let everyone know he has money on the game and I watch him get picked apert by perfect strangers at the bar....nobody wants somebody to lose as much as non-gamblers

Its not on the same scale but I did see a guy sitting by himself at a bar, wasn't a sports bar but they had the Raiders game on and 3 guys who appeared to be real fans rooted for the Raiders which peaked the guys interest who was clearly not a sports fan but rooted like a retard against the Raiders the whole game while needed to hear the other groan just to know to cheer he was that clueless.....

I understand deep down he just wanted to be involved socially with them and not just a lonely drunk so it still doesn't solve the mystery of the bitter non-gambler.........like to get others take on that

I bitch about my losses way more than I brag about my wins, so at least with my particular group of friends and acquaintances that isn't it. But maybe I'm just being lumped in with the others.

I almost broke the guys' TV last night when Clemson won it and he looked at me and smiled and said Roll Clemson Roll. With $0 on the game and never rooted for Clemson a day in his life.

Non gamblers are the social freaks. What the fuck would possess somebody to root against a friend to make money. Looks like your wedding gift just went from a nice grill to a fucking steak knife.

I have a Super Bowl party every year at my house

total sausage party

Anyways one friend(wives brother) always walks in the door and ask "who you got"

i tell him ,he then takes the other side for a whooping 10 dollars

he precedes to cheer against my team/wager the entire game

EVERY FUCKING YEAR

The guys that do it the worst want to be big shots and talk shit but don't have the stones to make a bet.

Gamblers might be irresponsible sometimes but at least we've got balls.

Never watching a game I've got big money on again with anybody besides fellow gamblers. Pisses me off too much to have these chickenshits purposefully be annoying.

I have a Super Bowl party every year at my house

total sausage party

Anyways one friend(wives brother) always walks in the door and ask "who you got"

i tell him ,he then takes the other side for a whooping 10 dollars

he precedes to cheer against my team/wager the entire game

EVERY FUCKING YEAR

Passive-aggressive hater, that one.

great thread... fits most people to a t

women will root with you, but guys will almost always root against you and take joy in your pain

i never tell anyone other than my immediate family what bets i have... too many times i get supposed friends laughing or saying "oops that must hurt"

yeah the dumbass comments hurt more than the money

The guys that do it the worst want to be big shots and talk shit but don't have the stones to make a bet.

Gamblers might be irresponsible sometimes but at least we've got balls.

Never watching a game I've got big money on again with anybody besides fellow gamblers. Pisses me off too much to have these chickenshits purposefully be annoying.

W2W, pretty sure we could never watch a game together. I can't stand the people who bitch about their dime bet if I have 50-100 on it, like I should root against my small (to you) bet.

I don't comment on my bets. I think people don't care or think you're gloting about gambling.

Now my buddies know I bet so they'll ask me who I'm on, those buddies won't root against me but won't root for me - just sweat it basically.

I think people who come out and tell people "I have X in this game" piss others off. Why? Idk. But I keep it mostly to myself - it is no ones business anyway

worse is sitting with a  local bookie type who gets +110 on every single play  day in and day out, every one and listening to him piss and moan on every call, every close play, every coaching move, and vocally complain if you have an interest in the other team.  Hey Ive got 3k  "going" here guys.

cry me a river dude.  

worse is sitting with a  local bookie type who gets +110 on every single play  day in and day out, every one and listening to him piss and moan on every call, every close play, every coaching move, and vocally complain if you have an interest in the other team.  Hey Ive got 3k  "going" here guys.

cry me a river dude.  

some people weren't cut out to be businessmen

had a bartender bookie, when i was just betting like a dumbass... every time i collected he acted like i was stealing from him, so unprofessional

"Geez, how much do you have on this game!?"

"No offense, but I think I want the other team to win. I just don't like [picks out a totally random and previously unthought of reason for disliking the team you bet on]"

"Maybe you shouldn't have bet so much on Alabama, I knew Clemson would give them a game"

Fucking drives me nuts