OT: Guess the Poster who lives on $1300 a month?

KingRevolver

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything looks right except the utilities.

300? That's really low.

Central heat/air, winter months it is only on the AM to take the edge off, summer AC will run a lot 300 is avg for both elec and gas for the year..... summer mos elec is 400 other mos at most 175 , gas/trash is combined around 100 a month

Spent quite a bit of time preparing for February. My goal is to set back an emergency fund as goal 1. Then plan to work on debt in the following months.

I don't make a ton of money, but live in pretty low cost area. Most of my excess spending in bad planning/food/fees. Late fees, overdrafts and things that are stupid. Basically been giving away money. Been making it ok, but never having extra to cover emergencies. Had $1500 truck repair just a few days after Christmas that really killed us.

Tired of relying on others or asking for help. It was a big wake up call here that I need to make some changes.

Good luck in your attempt.

Central heat/air, winter months it is only on the AM to take the edge off, summer AC will run a lot 300 is avg for both elec and gas for the year..... summer mos elec is 400 other mos at most 175 , gas/trash is combined around 100 a month

Haha I was half kidding with you at first seeing you spend the most on weed and booze lol. My utilities are higher though.

Garbage 50

Water/sewer 100

Gas $200

Electic 150

Do you congregate with the other people in that complex much? Every time I go visit my 92-year-old friend at the assissted living I think there should be places like that for younger people don't want roommates. I want my own place, but would be nice to just walk out my door and have a common meal at times, or a game room or something....something between a college dorm environment and senior living.

When I was working I had forced social interaction and it gives you purpose...I was always social – went out a lot etc. Since doing this stint here, I just have no desire to make an effort to meet new people.. Seems like this would be a good idea for people who want to be able to just shut their door and not deal with others, but have other people around. I always like having a roommate, but never really wanted to hang out with them, it was just nice to have someone there. I'm not sure the cat is doing it for me anymore. This is really the first time in my life I have lived alone, and I'm not sure it's good for me.

What I really want to do is move back to into my Denver townhome and kick out my renter's girlfriend and have my old roommate and life back....probably not happening,

Sorry, kind of rambling. My one close friend here is moving to Cincinnati because her daughter was accepted into the performing arts school there. Now I don't even have a fucking cat sitter.

Do you congregate with the other people in that complex much? Every time I go visit my 92-year-old friend at the assissted living I think there should be places like that for younger people don't want roommates. I want my own place, but would be nice to just walk out my door and have a common meal at times, or a game room or something....something between a college dorm environment and senior living.

When I was working I had forced social interaction and it gives you purpose...I was always social – went out a lot etc. Since doing this stint here, I just have no desire to make an effort to meet new people.. Seems like this would be a good idea for people who want to be able to just shut their door and not deal with others, but have other people around. I always like having a roommate, but never really wanted to hang out with them, it was just nice to have someone there. I'm not sure the cat is doing it for me anymore. This is really the first time in my life I have lived alone, and I'm not sure it's good for me.

What I really want to do is move back to into my Denver townhome and kick out my renter's girlfriend and have my old roommate and life back....probably not happening,

Sorry, kind of rambling. My one close friend here is moving to Cincinnati because her daughter was accepted into the performing arts school there. Now I don't even have a fucking cat sitter.

What kind of lease do your renters have? Seems like it is time for you to just let them know you need to move back and need the place. That's the life of a renter. Sometimes you just gotta find a new place. Or maybe jack the hell up on the rent and let them leave on their own. Seems you are in need of a change and soon. But then, I guess you might want the income.

Do you congregate with the other people in that complex much?

I'm friendly with about 5 or 6 other residents in the units closest to me and we hang out at night and chat/drink coffee for about 8 months of the year.

My neighbor has a larger front area than most and has a picnic table and some chairs setup so we hangout in front of his place.

I have another buddy who a few doors down who is also a cat lover and we visit each other to exchange stories and check up on each others critters.

This is a friendly complex, I'm the youngest person here at 50 as that is the minimum age for residents (even though I was approved at 48 yrs old).

What kind of lease do your renters have? Seems like it is time for you to just let them know you need to move back and need the place. That's the life of a renter. Sometimes you just gotta find a new place. Or maybe jack the hell up on the rent and let them leave on their own. Seems you are in need of a change and soon. But then, I guess you might want the income.

Yeah. Two factors. One is, I want/need the income....2... renter is one of my oldest friends and former roommate. He's the guy who did all the lightbulb changing for me before I came here. He's done a lot for me, and I don't want to screw him unnecessarily. I'd also have to figure out what to do with this house....Eventually I suspect I could end up back there in my townhome, but would give him some notice. I really am not sure about going back to Denver, but that is where all my friends are. The other option would be Minneapolis where all my college friends have landed. Oh, and currently they are on a month to month after original lease terminated.

But you are exactly right. Something has to give soon.

I'm friendly with about 5 or 6 other residents in the units closest to me and we hang out at night and chat/drink coffee for about 8 months of the year.

My neighbor has a larger front area than most and has a picnic table and some chairs setup so we hangout in front of his place.

I have another buddy who a few doors down who is also a cat lover and we visit each other to exchange stories and check up on each others critters.

This is a friendly complex, I'm the youngest person here at 50 as that is the minimum age for residents (even though I was approved at 48 yrs old).

See I could live with that. The hardest part about living alone and not working is that during the day, is that all your friends are at work and it gets expensive to do a lot of fun things to occupy yourself with anyway if you're not bringing in additional income. I see 1%er family members struggle with boredom after retirement, so I know it's about more than money availability....they miss the social interaction going to the office everyday provides. Sounds like you have just the right amount of stimulation. I just have the one neighbor and she is moving. So I'm either going to have to go out of my comfort zone, or move back somewhere where I have a pre-existing set of friends. I don't know that there is any place like that here. Most of the apartment complexes are so that you wouldn't really see or be able to hang out with your neighbors regularly unless you made an effort. At least that's how I remember it when I rented 20 years ago

Yeah. Two factors. One is, I want/need the income....2... renter is one of my oldest friends and former roommate. He's the guy who did all the lightbulb changing for me before I came here. He's done a lot for me, and I don't want to screw him unnecessarily. I'd also have to figure out what to do with this house....Eventually I suspect I could end up back there in my townhome, but would give him some notice. I really am not sure about going back to Denver, but that is where all my friends are. The other option would be Minneapolis where all my college friends have landed. Oh, and currently they are on a month to month after original lease terminated.

But you are exactly right. Something has to give soon.

He ought to be able to understand your situation then. I take it you do not have enough money to not work again? It seems you would do well to get back in the workforce just because you are a social person. But if you are going to need to a job, now is the time to get it. Denver is apparently booming and age discrimination is a real thing. Minny seems a good place to get employed as well. The window is kind of closing on getting a good job or even any job.

It's very hard to make a move but seems like selling the house and getting your place back and getting a job might be the right move for you. It would add a little excitement to your life. If you can make it without working then staying in place might not be a bad thing if you can handle it.