RIP Poster Mighty Maron

KingRevolver

Seemed a nice guy. Did not know anything of him but I remember him saying a few times that he was a hermit. I think he also indicated he was getting tests and things did not seem to be going well and had something of a going away email. He was a gambler to the end handicapping CFL on his way out. My respects to a fellow traveler.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this really hurts. guy needed help. likely a suicide he must have been in a lot of pain

Here is what I remember about Maron a.k.a. Valorem

He was pretty consumed with a girlfriend and a break up over the last year or two. He took the break up pretty hard. He was trying to move on, but it was evident that it wasn't working very well.

He played chess. He would spend his weekends playing at chess tournaments and such. I do remember him saying that.

Had a serious alcohol problem at least at one time.

I really thought the health problems were physical problems...something like cancer. I don't think he told me. I just know that he abruptly stopped playing words with friends and told me that he enjoyed it, but had to stop playing because of health issues. I can't remember if he said he would start up again when he felt better or not. Maybe he just said he couldn't play anymore. There were times he posted atgame live that I thought he was either on drugs or having a psychotic break or something. I don't know, but it's very sad and has been bothering me all day off and on for some reason.

Wow. Terrible news. We played a few games of WWF, and then suddenly he stopped playing and sent me a message about having health issues, it seemed like he didn't want to go into too much detail, but he seemed depressed. The only message I still have is a pm here from September. I hope he didn't take his own life, but i suppose it is possible. He definitely struggled with some mental health/substance abuse issues. I hope he is at peace now.

Sept 21 was his last log in across the street....must have went down hill after that.  Never cared for him as a poster but this is sad news.  RIP MM

Id Date Transaction From To Type Gross C21F66 9/21/2016

10:30 PM Forum Contribution SBR mighty maron Loyalty Reward +6

Here is what I remember about Maron a.k.a. Valorem

He was pretty consumed with a girlfriend and a break up over the last year or two. He took the break up pretty hard. He was trying to move on, but it was evident that it wasn't working very well.

He played chess. He would spend his weekends playing at chess tournaments and such. I do remember him saying that.

Had a serious alcohol problem at least at one time.

I really thought the health problems were physical problems...something like cancer. I don't think he told me. I just know that he abruptly stopped playing words with friends and told me that he enjoyed it, but had to stop playing because of health issues. I can't remember if he said he would start up again when he felt better or not. Maybe he just said he couldn't play anymore. There were times he posted atgame live that I thought he was either on drugs or having a psychotic break or something. I don't know, but it's very sad and has been bothering me all day off and on for some reason.

He had mentioned going to the doctor a few times.

Damn so sad to hear on so many levels, gd bless this man and RIP...........Damn im 46 myself, cant imagine knowing the end is almost here, or being alone when the time finally comes... Way Way to young, hopefully his time on earth he enjoyed the best he could and im sure he is in a better place looking down reading the kind gestures so many have shared..... RIP Michael

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest ConspiracyMuncher

Died owing me 20 bucks......sucks for me

Brokedikk scumbag for even mentioning it... I'm pretty sure you are better off than him now, relax...

Douche.. Punchy