Have the sound off, why didn't SD ST kick FG?

ChiTownJoe

I saw that on the ESPN play by play (wasn't watching) and figured it had to be a mistake or maybe the starting QB was the holder and bobbled the snap

2 point game, you HAVE to kick the FG on 4th and 5

then just now,the refs called a facemask on SD State

then after a break of a minute, the official comes back and says it's on Navy

LOL

I saw that on the ESPN play by play (wasn't watching) and figured it had to be a mistake or maybe the starting QB was the holder and bobbled the snap

2 point game, you HAVE to kick the FG on 4th and 5

then just now,the refs called a facemask on SD State

then after a break of a minute, the official comes back and says it's on Navy

LOL

to be fair on that play it WAS the navy player that did the facemask and a very obvious one at that. Would have been a complete screw job on SD st if they didn't get together and correct that call

Sloppy game overall, neither team looked very good

and good job playing for a 40yard field after that long completion' date=' a minute left and a time out[/quote']

Agreed, I thought that was terrible play-calling. You gotta keep trying to gain yardage there. Had they done a better job, they might've been able to kick it to end the game. Instead, they kicked with 24 seconds left.

​Either try for a shorter FG or try for a TD. You can call safe plays and still do better than what they did.

to be fair on that play it WAS the navy player that did the facemask and a very obvious one at that. Would have been a complete screw job on SD st if they didn't get together and correct that call

Sloppy game overall, neither team looked very good

I'm not sure what you mean by 'to be fair'. I didn't say they got the call wrong. I didn't even see a facemask. I saw the ball come out, a hit by Navy when they thought the play was live, and then the SD State player getting in the face of the Navy player (and a flop on the play).

I just thought it was funny they called it on one team and then needed over a minute to figure out that they called the penalty on the wrong team.