Kolzigs March Madness Kontest!

KingKolzig

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who will miss more free throws Michigan or Oregon?

OREGON

will Przemek Karnowski (gonzaga) play 26 or more minutes?

YES

3-pt field goal attempts by Caleb Swanigan (purdue)? o/u 2.5

OVER

will Xavier ever lead by 6 or more pts?

NO

Who will score first in the game Justin Jackson (unc) or Kelan Martin (butler)?

JUSTIN JACKSON

Will any team score at least 35 first half pts in the Baylor S.Car game?

YES

B.Alford (ucla) total pts? o/u 14.5

UNDER

B.Koenig (wisconsin) field goal attempts? o/u 15.5

UNDER

I said earlier in the thread that if I won anything I would be giving my share to another poster and have also expressed this to KK by pm.

Very, very generous of him to do this and I wanted to participate to show my support for his contest and the site.

I don't want any part of deciding who gets the money, I don't think it would be right. Anyone Kolzig would like to award it to is fine by me, or if he would want Boat to give it to a worthy poster that's ok too.

Thanks again Kolzig, you did a great job with these props, and I was really fortunate to do well. I hope I didn't fuck up your contest.

I said earlier in the thread that if I won anything I would be giving my share to another poster and have also expressed this to KK by pm.

Very, very generous of him to do this and I wanted to participate to show my support for his contest and the site.

I don't want any part of deciding who gets the money, I don't think it would be right. Anyone Kolzig would like to award it to is fine by me, or if he would want Boat to give it to a worthy poster that's ok too.

Thanks again Kolzig, you did a great job with these props, and I was really fortunate to do well. I hope I didn't fuck up your contest.

respect this.

thanks for the contest and the ones who graded it.

I would either just move the 2-4 places up one spot, 600/250/150, or split BFO's $600 by 3 and add $200 each to what everyone would have finished with...i,e,

IAG-finished with 250.,,gets 450

Brayden finished with 150 gets 350

Banger gets 200

You could also do 400/300/150 and throw 150 to SS for grading. Or hell give all the 600 to SS! I would be ok with that. Just a few thoughts. My thinking was just if you are going to split up among the final four (3) then technically Brayden should get a little more since he finished higher than Banger. I'm sure all of us will be fine with however you do it though as is more than we would have won if BFO didn't disclaim his winnings. (Thanks BFO!)

I will make a pitch here for the Always Call Heads Basketball Betoff Invitational 2017-18 which I am planning on doing for next basketball season. If BFO is interested, the prize would allow free entry into the contest to any poster and will be along the lines of the EOG contest but a lot better. If I had this prize money, I am pretty sure I will take down EOG.

You do not have to give me the money but can hold off until that time or Kolzig can provide a donation to the pool. Just providing options.

i dont agree with this. but yanks msg me and said "make it so there is no giving away prizes it will just cause trouble"

i dont really agree with that. but i would suggest everyone just plays. and if you happen to finish in the top 3 and still want to give it away then talk about it then.....but the chances that anyone who wants to give it away finishing in the top 3 is small

Actually I was wrong,,,this may have been final call which is vague but doesn't prohibit giving away, so KK should technically be able to do whatever and not compelled to give to other finishers.

Guest pocketrockets

I dont get why play if you are not gonna make use of the prize. Technically you are making it harder for the ones who do want the prize money to win... I understand you wanna support the forum and the contest by doing so but in the end there will be complications, and controversy.

As always thanks to the real King for a great contest!

Actually rules stated no giving away prizes but you can't force someone to take it, so KK should probably just keep it to set precedent.

Yeah that's kinda my fault I guess. Had stated early on that I would be donating if I won anything, then a couple pages later saw people weren't happy with that as there were concerns about any type of collusion. Maybe I should've dropped out, but at the time Kolzig was still a couple spots short and I thought it was important to support his overly generous contest.

I had hoped it would quietly go to any poster that had recently busted out or needed a fresh start, but I pm'd Kolzig a few days ago that whatever he wanted to do was fine by me. Lesson learned, in the future I won't enter any of these unless I'm prepared to accept any of the winnings. It probably won't happen again anyways, I usually suck at these type contests.

Guest pocketrockets

Yeah that's kinda my fault I guess. Had stated early on that I would be donating if I won anything, then a couple pages later saw people weren't happy with that as there were concerns about any type of collusion. Maybe I should've dropped out, but at the time Kolzig was still a couple spots short and I thought it was important to support his overly generous contest.

I had hoped it would quietly go to any poster that had recently busted out or needed a fresh start, but I pm'd Kolzig a few days ago that whatever he wanted to do was fine by me. Lesson learned, in the future I won't enter any of these unless I'm prepared to accept any of the winnings. It probably won't happen again anyways, I usually suck at these type contests.

Is not a big deal Bfo... congrats on the win, you did it with the best intentions and IMO is what matters. You are being gracious by doing this... hopefully it gets resolved in a smooth manner

Hey your heart was in the right place....and I think anyone will be fine with however it goes. It wasn't specifically prohibited so I think it's fine (although in future probably should be)...and it was a FREE contest so none if us have too much to complain about...except maybe Banger if he ends up completely out of the money...lol