OT: Anybody ever go to yard sales?

KingRevolver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Doing some yard sales again.

I need to make a video at these joints. You see some real mongrels.

Going to buy a GoPro and strap it around to make it easier to video.

got some large outdoor flea markets in north carolina, i like em, almost like a seperate economic system, has everything. produce, hardware, clothing, furniture etc...

This reminds me of a seller I saw at a flea market once, all he was selling was used shoelaces, he had a 12-16 ft table, just covered with thousands of shoelaces of all styles and colors, they were twisted and knarled like old shoelaces are, and they were priced dirt cheap(maybe 2 for a qtr).

The seller was an old, old man, and I thought holy cow, that's got to be a tough way to make a buck? It seems to me that most people just dont buy new laces anymore since the probably get rid of the shoes around the time their laces break.

This reminds me of a seller I saw at a flea market once, all he was selling was used shoelaces, he had a 12-16 ft table, just covered with thousands of shoelaces of all styles and colors, they were twisted and knarled like old shoelaces are, and they were priced dirt cheap(maybe 2 for a qtr).

The seller was an old, old man, and I thought holy cow, that's got to be a tough way to make a buck? It seems to me that most people just dont buy new laces anymore since the probably get rid of the shoes around the time their laces break.

I wonder if the old man eats expired meat also?

Is this real? 

yup, it was downright sad. I think you have to rent the space to put up a table at flea markets, I'm sure it's dirt cheap(maybe $10 a day), but still, and he wasn't exactly flooded with customers either. i bet he got the laces from dead peoples shoes at nursing homes or something like that.

Bet you he sells more than you think

Shoelaces are actually one of my pet peeves

They now put laces on runners that are 10” too long,a standard size of lace whether your size 9 or size 18

So unless I double up the knot I am left with excess lace that comes untie if you play any sports

I usually cut the excess lace when I first buy the runners and burn the ends with a lighter

Bet you he sells more than you think

Shoelaces are actually one of my pet peeves

They now put laces on runners that are 10” too long,a standard size of lace whether your size 9 or size 18

So unless I double up the knot I am left with excess lace that comes untie if you play any sports

I usually cut the excess lace when I first buy the runners and burn the ends with a lighter

perhaps, but i was just amazed, I know some of you guys think I;m cheap, but I would never sink so low that I buy used shoelaces. :lol