Retirement thread

rito

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much money would make you retire right now?   Any age?

$1300 a month.

I'm officially retired @50.

Gave up my commercial drivers license and will never drive a truck again. 

I am perfectly fine with just existing (in terms of finances). 

The key for me here is lack of desire. I don't desire luxury or "things" and therefore don't need money to buy them.

I'm surrounded by money in my family. I have a very rich cousin here in Windsor - he owns a steel company that sells to the big 3 in Detroit.

My parents are very well off due to cashing in on the real estate market. I suppose that if I outlive my parents there will be a sizeable estate, but that won't make me happy as the money won't really be needed for anything.

I have lost interest in travelling. All my passports are expired. I don't know what I would do with money because most things bore me.

I'm content/happy taking it easy, sleeping in, watching TV, betting, hanging around the forums, hanging out with my cat, drinking beer etc.

$1,300/month u shitting me

No.

My fridge is full and I ain't got a care in the world.

No worries in life. I have enough income to get by, have few expenses and my healthcare is covered by the government.

I have no credit card debt, bank loans, mortgage etc. I live a humble lifestyle in a humble apt. It may not be for everyone but it suits me fine.

plommer what happened to all your bonus whoring profits? You must have racked up a tidy sum over the years.

Bonus whoring?

Never did much bonus whoring, if any. The only reason I played at offshore books was because they offered Neteller or Skrill.

Once those were removed I found I only really used a couple books, Will Hill for live betting and Pinny.