U20 World Cup

TommyL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done! you have futures for 2 of final 4 remaining.

i only tailed your Venezuela future, looks to be fairly even odds in their semi final.  would they be a large underdog in the final?  thanks for posting these, i have tailed most. 

Thanks.  I'd think they'd be a small favorite over either England or Italy in the final (especially since it would mean they'd have another good win over a Uruguay team that's now the team to beat, though it's really wide open between all four of these squads).  I'd give them a 20-25% chance of winning it right now, which I'll obviously take with the prices that I have on them to win it.

Thanks.  I'd think they'd be a small favorite over either England or Italy in the final (especially since it would mean they'd have another good win over a Uruguay team that's now the team to beat, though it's really wide open between all four of these squads).  I'd give them a 20-25% chance of winning it right now, which I'll obviously take with the prices that I have on them to win it.

thanks

thought i saw both Uruguay and Venezuela +170ish 

Updated Result:  +14.345 units (ROI: +23.0%)

Pending Futures...

England to win U20 World Cup (+2200) .5 units to win 11 units
Venezuela to win U20 World Cup (+6500) .2 units to win 13 units
Venezuela to win U20 World Cup (+2000) .25 units to win 5 units

was about to jump in here, spectacular thread here made me some money

question - if i wanted to hedge little on the final (i tailed Venezuela +2000) , and i bet other side on spread (so it includes OT), does it also include penalty kick result? i don't bet soccer much so no idea what i'm doing here.

thanks

was about to jump in here, spectacular thread here made me some money

question - if i wanted to hedge little on the final (i tailed Venezuela +2000) , and i bet other side on spread (so it includes OT), does it also include penalty kick result? i don't bet soccer much so no idea what i'm doing here.

thanks

It all depends on what your book is offering.  A standard soccer line will only include 90 minutes, so if you played England at E or -.5 thru 90, you could still love the Venezuela play in extra time or PKs.  So if your book was only offering 90 minute lines (which is probably what most are doing on this tourney), then you could try finding England at +.5 (probably will be at something like -190 to -200 if my numbers are right) to at least lock in some profit (and then could scoop it all if tied in regulation and Venezuela wins).  I'm not much of a hedger unless the circumstances are an extreme, so I'll likely just be capping the final and playing something if I see value on it (would be true even if I didn't have both teams to win it in futures).

It all depends on what your book is offering. A standard soccer line will only include 90 minutes, so if you played England at E or -.5 thru 90, you could still love the Venezuela play in extra time or PKs. So if your book was only offering 90 minute lines (which is probably what most are doing on this tourney), then you could try finding England at +.5 (probably will be at something like -190 to -200 if my numbers are right) to at least lock in some profit (and then could scoop it all if tied in regulation and Venezuela wins). I'm not much of a hedger unless the circumstances are an extreme, so I'll likely just be capping the final and playing something if I see value on it (would be true even if I didn't have both teams to win it in futures).

I'm at 5dimes, appreciate it!

Venezuela U20 to win the cup +134

England U20 to win the cup -150

at pinny  ...  i'd bet 5d puts that up sometime before it starts

Agree with rito, they'll likely put it up at some point (even keep checking under "futures" as they might just throw both teams up to win it).  But I'd wait until closer to kick, as this line is an absolute joke.  Don't see how Venezuela E +160 is even possible at this point.  I'm probably gonna end up with way more riding on this game than I want since I won't be able to help myself with that one or the -.5 now rising up to +280.