Pete Rose

Timely Hitting

Pete is a weird guy. Always seems most comfortable hanging around gamblers and people on the fringes of criminal society.

Dealt with him quite a bit and never had a real negative view of him, if this is true will change my opinion for sure. Totally unacceptable.

Pete is a weird guy. Always seems most comfortable hanging around gamblers and people on the fringes of criminal society.

Dealt with him quite a bit and never had a real negative view of him, if this is true will change my opinion for sure. Totally unacceptable.

he's already admitted to fucking her; he just claims he thought she was 16. 

I had heard it occurred in 1973, and he was born in 51.

So if she was 16 then theres nothing illegal about it. 16 is the age of consent in Ohio. Immoral but not illegal.

I thought one of the issues was whether or not the girl traveled with him outside the state of Ohio?

i don't like anyone in this thread.  All the focus seems to be on the fact that the girl was underage.  To me it's like it's ok to cheat when you are married in american culture.

I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL.  

Pete rose was married when this all happened, unfortunately in usa culture when you cheat on the wife, it's not treated as such that you had sex with a girl who is underage.

i really despise of all of you in this thread whom obviously thinks it's ok to have sex with other girls/women nevermind if you are married and have kids, or in a relationship.

A real man is going to have the proof that they take care of business first in the form of court documents before they start to try and get pussy from another girl.

In the last 6 months to 1 year, i searched all of pete rose's old interviews as much as i could and listened to him and let me tell you i really like him at my age now, but when i was a kid in the 1980s as a dodger fan, he never crossed my mind.  But being that i am a gambler in my 40s now, i wanted to try and listen to all of interviews to try and get a good read, and i felt sympathy for the man, but i understood he would never be inducted due to shoeless joe jackson.

AGAIN i want to say i despise every single one of you who replied in this thread because you make it seem like it's alright to commit adultery.  

Too many males think that women don't have a loaded gun with bullets inside of them and they don't know how to shoot it.  This is a total OUTRAGE in this thread and again I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL.

USA culture is 1 of a kind, we think that we are so fuckin' better than everyone else.

Are you a muther fuckin' proud american who's aunts, uncles, cousins, mothers, and fathers have sex with other girls married?

I DON'T LIKE YOU.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/phillies-cancel-pete-rose-ceremony-amid-allegations-20170802.html

Testimony from a woman identified as “Jane Doe” was submitted this week in federal court in Philadelphia as part of Rose’s defamation lawsuit against John Dowd, the investigator who discovered Rose’s gambling habits that led in 1989 to his banishment from baseball.

“I received a phone call from Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds,” the woman testified. “Sometime after that, Pete Rose and I began meeting at a house in Cincinnati. It was at that house where, before my 16th birthday, Pete Rose began a sexual relationship with me. This sexual relationship lasted for several years. Pete Rose also met me in locations outside of Ohio where we had sex.”

Rose, In a written statement provided by Dowd’s lawyers, confirmed that he had sex with the woman but disputed details of her testimony. Their relationship, he said, did not begin until 1975. Rose, based on his “information and belief at the time,” thought she was 16 years old. Rose turned 34 on April 14, 1975.

The testimony emerged in a suit initiated by Rose. He sued Dowd last year in federal court after Dowd, in a 2015 interview with WCHE in West Chester, accused Rose of statutory rape.

Rose, despite the woman’s allegations, cannot face criminal charges in Ohio because the statute of limitations has run out.