Give me some things to do in Seattle

Timely Hitting

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever been to Metropolitan Grill?

Might take you up on the recommendation of just grabbing a drink at the Space Needle and then going elsewhere. That's really close by, and by all accounts a better restaurant. 

Haven't been there but it is well regarded.

Pike's Place Market is a tourist trap, go up to the Ballard Locks and see the salmon in the fish ladder. Much more interesting and absolutely free.

was just there a few months ago.  Agree with Hoffa, dont eat at the needle.  Go there, but eat at a place off the water.  If you go to the fish market, 5 minutes away is Elliott's.  

Some of the best seafood I've had.  My wife had the Red King Crab.  It was 2 lbs of crab and she got 2 claws they were so big.  Had to cut it like a steak.  I did the Dung Crab and it was excellent.  They have 30 or more types of oysters if you like them.  We tried a few different ones that our waiter recommended.  I never knew oysters could taste so differently.  Some were sweet, etc.

Duck tour sounds lame, but was very interesting.  They talk about the history, Google, Amazon, Starbucks etc.  Did you know there are over 80 starbucks within a 2 mile radius of the fish markets.  That just seems crazy

was just there a few months ago. Agree with Hoffa, dont eat at the needle. Go there, but eat at a place off the water. If you go to the fish market, 5 minutes away is Elliott's.

Some of the best seafood I've had. My wife had the Red King Crab. It was 2 lbs of crab and she got 2 claws they were so big. Had to cut it like a steak. I did the Dung Crab and it was excellent. They have 30 or more types of oysters if you like them. We tried a few different ones that our waiter recommended. I never knew oysters could taste so differently. Some were sweet, etc.

Duck tour sounds lame, but was very interesting. They talk about the history, Google, Amazon, Starbucks etc. Did you know there are over 80 starbucks within a 2 mile radius of the fish markets. That just seems crazy

thanks TN.

Will check out elliots Monday night.

Been there a few times but it's been a while.  I haven't done much but I recommend the fish market (pikes).  What I did was find a tour.  There are lots of tours and my fatass found a couple food tours.  They show you around the fish market and you can sample foods at some of the different vendors.  Educational and fattening.

Safeco for a Mariners game is fun too. 

I'd imagine similar to Fisherman's Wharf in SF. Agree that it's tourist trap. But one of those deals you should go just to see it. One and done.

And they don't trap you there if you don't spend any money..

It's a bit better as the fish crew usually put on a show and throw huge fish. Many local businessmen go there for a movitvational moment.

Go to one of the Michelin-starred restaurants. I'm looking at the menu for Altura... looks fuckin' delicious!

Pal they would throw you out of a Michelin-star restaurant once they saw you dumping Choluhua all over the plate

You're more of a Popeyes and Jimmy Johns guy. :laugh