Hurricane Harvey

Timely Hitting

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A storm this powerful hasn't made landfall in the USA in 13 years. In Texas, they've had three storms this powerful make landfall in 44 years.

You watching that poor guy(Paul Goodlow) on the weather channel? He's getting pelted with debris, he's gonna have to stand there til the bitter end too.

Yes, some models have the forecast for next Friday with the storm in the same exact spot. I am not sure that is going to be the case, but it simply being possible is insane.

#Harvey's satellite presentation just continues to improve. Speechless. This storm is intensifying every second until landfall.

Merlin told us it's going to get weaker so no one should worry. 

yep ppl proably saw cat-2 and said "yeah thats fine ill stay"

but its all about the time it takes to move thru. the slower the worse off you are. and this one is staying for days

Being near the coast in Louisiana I have been through quite a few hurricanes over the years and it is pretty clear that some people have never had to deal with these storms or wake up seeing the damage they actually do. 

I don't blame anyone for over estimating the possible damage that can be done because those worse case scenarios are always possible with these storms as they can really turn and change without any real warning. 

Instead of trying to turn a storm that will affect a whole lot of real people's lives in a negative way into a fucking political pissing match I will hope things work out for the best! 

some people really are fucking cunts!! 

Guest boatboatboat

You watching that poor guy(Paul Goodlow) on the weather channel? He's getting pelted with debris, he's gonna have to stand there til the bitter end too.

He would make a great mod

Being near the coast in Louisiana I have been through quite a few hurricanes over the years and it is pretty clear that some people have never had to deal with these storms or wake up seeing the damage they actually do. 

I don't blame anyone for over estimating the possible damage that can be done because those worse case scenarios are always possible with these storms as they can really turn and change without any real warning. 

Instead of trying to turn a storm that will affect a whole lot of real people's lives in a negative way into a fucking political pissing match I will hope things work out for the best! 

some people really are fucking cunts!! 

Merlin lives in Minnesota. You'll have to cut him some slack.

This storm has a very strong chance of leading to the worst flooding the state of Texas has ever seen; paired with the damage from 100+ MPH winds, and countless Tornados. Hopefully most people aren't as simple minded as Merlin and they evacuated. 

EAS: Widespread destructive winds of 115 to 145 mph will spread across Calhoun County, Aransas County, Nueces County, San Patricio County, Refugio County, producing swaths of tornado-like damage.

TAKE COVER NOW! Treat these imminent extreme winds as if a tornado was approaching and move immediately to the safe room in your shelter. Take action now to protect your life.

Merlin told us just 70 MPH winds. Nothing to see here.

EAS: Widespread destructive winds of 115 to 145 mph will spread across Calhoun County, Aransas County, Nueces County, San Patricio County, Refugio County, producing swaths of tornado-like damage.

TAKE COVER NOW! Treat these imminent extreme winds as if a tornado was approaching and move immediately to the safe room in your shelter. Take action now to protect your life.

Merlin told us just 70 MPH winds. Nothing to see here.

Yup, any tree or bldg a mile high is gonna get smashed, I'm really getting into this boys, I just started "massaging" my groin, it looks like a rapidly intensifying erection is taking place, this thing could be Cat 5 by landfall!  :jerk

Yup, any tree or bldg a mile high is gonna get smashed, I'm really getting into this boys, I just started "massaging" by groin, it looks like a rapidly intensifying erection is taking place, this thing could be Cat 5 by landfall!  :jerk

What don't you understand about these are "surface winds?"

Merlin and his family in Texas:

What don't you understand about these are "surface winds?"

Merlin and his family in Texas:

Quite possibly the dumbest thing you'll see today. Why let your kids, including a toddler, get on the water during #Harvey?! I shot this. pic.twitter.com/TXyxsA4LE5

— Mike Bettes (@mikebettes) August 25, 2017

Yea, yea, yea, 145 mph winds , at the surface...how terrible!

Back in the 90's the national hurricane center had a guy who could really sling it, i remember one storm was a cat 5(it didn't make landfall at close to it) and he would say stuff like "no human structure can survive the impact of a cat 5", then he would intone..."to remain in place means death"