Hurricane Harvey

Timely Hitting

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf happened ? Was watching earlier when the thread started just got back home , wtf happened ?

Hoping his phone just died, but doesn't look good. Roof above him and building collapsed. Everything flying everywhere. Loud bang and then stream turned off. Hoping for the best. 150 MPH winds and the eye never came. He was hoping the eye would get there so they could catch a break and move I think but the hurricane stalled and he was stuck on the eye wall with sustained 130 MPH winds.

Hoping he's OK and just a dead phone.

Well folks, a big fat nothing burger, coming onshore right now, sustained winds of 50-60 tops, gusts a little more(80 or so), i see there was one report of a gust of like 140mph(probably a total fabrication to cover their ass.)

Reporters in corpus and other places saying "the power's still on", this is a strong cat 2 storm, NOTHING more.

What is the point of trolling something that has facts popping up everywhere? can't imagine the point of it:

Recon: 940mb extrapolated pressure, waiting for dropsonde. 128 mph surface winds estimated from SFMR instrument in NE eyewall. #Harvey

Going to see billions and billions of damage, and based on the fact that so many people stayed in their homes because of the lack of mandatory evacuation orders we're sadly going to see a decent amount of deaths I think. 

Merlin, take your troll act somewhere else.

We watched a live stream of sustained 120 MPH winds. 

I'm not trolling, i being honest, this is not a cat 4 storm, not a cat 3, it can however do a lot of damage(and it will), the weather channel has shown various cities with "peak" winds listed, only 1 spot had winds even remotely close to cat 4, everywhere else has shown normal hurricane force winds of far lower intensity.

I'm not trolling, i being honest, this is not a cat 4 storm, not a cat 3, it can however do a lot of damage(and it will), the weather channel has shown various cities with "peak" winds listed, only 1 spot had winds even remotely close to cat 4, everywhere else has shown normal hurricane force winds of far lower intensity.

you're a dope. no one has any clue where you get your retarded news from but keep it to yourself. once again, has been a live stream from the eye wall and 140 MPH winds. You are an idiot.

you realize winds are measured at the wall when categorizing the storm genius? not at the outskirts of a storm

What is the point of trolling something that has facts popping up everywhere? can't imagine the point of it:

Recon: 940mb extrapolated pressure, waiting for dropsonde. 128 mph surface winds estimated from SFMR instrument in NE eyewall. #Harvey

Going to see billions and billions of damage, and based on the fact that so many people stayed in their homes because of the lack of mandatory evacuation orders we're sadly going to see a decent amount of deaths I think. 

onshore baby, it's official, just east of rockport, where are the fucking winds? it's supposed to be 130mph right, I dont see it, north, east,  west, south, where are the winds?

It's a lie, it's a cat 2 max, cant you guys admit it?

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM CDT...0300 UTC...INFORMATION

LOCATION...28.0N 97.0W

ABOUT 30 MI...45 KM ENE OF CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS

ABOUT 45 MI...75 KM SW OF PORT OCONNOR TEXAS

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 325 DEGREES AT 7 MPH...11 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...938 MB...27.70 INCHES

Time to ignore the troll Merlin. 

Guy in the heart of the storm measuring 130+ MPH winds. We are watching it live. Merlin says 50-60. So stupid it's worthless to read.

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM CDT...0300 UTC...INFORMATION

LOCATION...28.0N 97.0W

ABOUT 30 MI...45 KM ENE OF CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS

ABOUT 45 MI...75 KM SW OF PORT OCONNOR TEXAS

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 325 DEGREES AT 7 MPH...11 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...938 MB...27.70 INCHES

Time to ignore the troll Merlin. 

Guy in the heart of the storm measuring 130+ MPH winds. We are watching it live. Merlin says 50-60. So stupid it's worthless to read.

Brand new report, 1 spot(araness pass) reporting "a" sustained wind of 110, where's the 130?